Albatross Bow Pennant

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Sandymac

Re: Albatross Bow Pennant

Post by Sandymac »

Rapier wrote:This one was on ebay recently: hope it helps:-

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... AA:CA:1123
Thats the stern one. And thats how i remember albatrosses as a kid. i.e the albatross pennant on the stern flagstaff.???
I am not convinced about the bow flag yet !!!!
I do want one though if you get them made.
Sandy

DAKOTA

Post by DAKOTA »

Count me in for a couple to please

Sea-Jay
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Sea-Jay »

Hi everyone, thanks for your interest, there seems to be a large range of opinions as to what the pennant was like however!!

To update you, I have been in touch wth Keith Chatburn and he tells me his son has an original one, but is working away at present. He is to send me a photograph when convenient and I can then proceed further

Chris

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Post by puddleduck »

Rapier, that penant is shown on the aft pole where the ensign should go. The original set-up can be seen on J4, the forward pole is circular and sits in the top of the jellymould with the burgee exactly as twister describes it. Prone to flying out and disappearing overboard though! Andy Mileham, J4's owner, rigged a threaded fitting in the end of the pole which works a treat!

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Post by twister »

Flagstaffs - more accurately, ensign staffs as they go on the stern - have been digitised and I get them laser cut, so no problem there. Just contact me privately and we'll arrange it.

The flagstaff which fits into the bow lamp is a bit harder to make, it's a lathe job from 3/4" aluminium which will take a bit longer. I may however be able to get some done commercially, so interested parties please make contact! As always, the more we can order the cheaper they'll be...Albatross stuff is notorious for small quantities and that's why these parts are so damned expensive.

And, as to the pennant (it would of course be completely wrong to fly this on the ensign staff), the one pictured is a genuine original. Somebody had some made a few years back which had the circular logo (as on steering wheel) printed on them - that wasn't original.

johnsimmons

Post by johnsimmons »

I have just acquired a Mark 1 Albatross Continental, with rear pennant staff but no pennant. Are there any available to buy yet?

Regards,

John

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

**Link Deleted by Moderators as target site refuses reciprocal links**
Someone is making new parts for albatross boats,name plates etc
Could be usefull, you might after register on site but it FREE

johnsimmons

Post by johnsimmons »

Thanks for the info, but link deleted as you see. Could you e-mail me at john.simmons@which.net?

Thanks

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

That's on the oldspeedboats.co.uk site.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...