Albatross parts in general ?

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Superaquarama
CMBA Member: 0

Albatross parts in general ?

Post by Superaquarama »

Ray Wright used to have almost everything for Albatrosses and Deltas, does anyone know what happened to his business or stock in Norfolk ? I believe I'm correct in thinking that Ray's no longer with us, recall reading somewhere that he'd sadly passed away.

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Re: Albatross parts in general ?

Post by Simonp »

Can't help asking with your username - is this a wish, dream or do you have one?!

SimonP
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.

LaDauphine

Post by LaDauphine »

Hi

You need to speak to Dick Batters or Rod Champkin who may have what you need, or will probably know where to get it. There can't be much that they don't know about these boats.

I think that they are both on this forum.

R

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Post by Simonp »

Waterhead Marine at Ambleside still have parts for Albatross.

SimonP
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.

LaDauphine

Post by LaDauphine »

Simonp wrote:Waterhead Marine at Ambleside still have parts for Albatross.

SimonP
Sadly very few, but worth a call. I went through their stores a while ago and they had some windscreen glass and what i assumed to be some prop shafts, but that was about it. Waterhead Marine is not what it used to be - like so many businesses which depended on Windermere.

R

Superaquarama
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Superaquarama »

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Regrettably the username's just a dream !!