Custom Canopy - suppliers?

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

manicmondays0
CMBA Member: 0

Custom Canopy - suppliers?

Post by manicmondays0 »

Hi chaps. My boat has been identified as a Shakespeare 13'6" V Sportsman. I am desperate to try and find a company who might be able to manufacture a bespoke canopy which would allow us to use the boat in all weathers. Does anyone know any potential suppliers who might be worth approaching? I did wonder whether a company who makes covers for sportscars might be the way to go? Any ideas?

Thanks

Simon
Attachments
boot2.jpg
boot2.jpg (14.54 KiB) Viewed 3712 times

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Re: Custom Canopy - suppliers?

Post by Simonp »

Our own club member Rod Champkin is your man for this - based near Norwich.

http://www.classiccovers.co.uk/

SimonP
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Post by twister »

Thanks for the mention, Simon!

We can do this, no problem - and hopefully rather better than the one shown in the photo!

Send me a PM to discuss further.

rod

Cuchilo
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Cuchilo »

Ive been wondering about a canopy but cant think of a way to make it look good and still have room inside to move . It would be just to get under cover if caught out in the rain on a day out rather than a perminant cover .