London Boat Show 2015

Please list all non CMBA events here. These are not official CMBA Events and the CMBA accepts no liability for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided herein.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

London Boat Show 2015

Post by Alacrity »

After thinking we were not going to be offered space at LIBS in January (9th - 18th inc.), we have just been offered even more space than last year! :woo:

So once again we are putting out an appeal to members who are willing to man the stand for us. We need at least two people per day & we should be able to provide car parking passes (plus of course show passes) so you can park on site.

This year it fell to about 8 people to man the whole show period plus set up & tear down, so I am hoping there might be a few more of us next year.

Please contact myself or any committee member if you can help.

Geoff
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Alacrity
Site Admin

Re: London Boat Show 2015 - an appeal.

Post by Alacrity »

London Boat Show website CMBA Info
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

How did it go I wish I lived near,I would of like to have gone

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

It is going really well Howard, lots of piccy on our Facebook pages.

Alacrity
Site Admin

Re: London Boat Show 2015

Post by Alacrity »

Well that's the show done for another year, A great success with a great stand, we really were one of the most popular exhibits there. Our thanks to all who supported the club manning the stand - many for two or three days due to the usual shortage of volunteers, & to those who allowed their boats to be used & of course those who helped setup & break down the stand.

Thank you all.

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

Many Thanks to everyone for getting us away so quickly and for helping to break down the stand. A special thanks to Clive and James for coming in to help with the getaway it was much appreciated. We got home at about 11.30 after heavy traffic out of London and a very short stop at Fleet services.

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Poor you Keith :console:, for a change I was one of the nearest geographically so I was home about 9.45. :D

Personally I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 days & nights up there, nice meeting folk & hopefully recruiting a few new members, plus spending time with CMBA chums.

Bit weary today though :(

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Post by welshhealey »

A quick thank you for the invitation to show my Moonfleet Aquila on our stand at LBS this year, it was lovely having the chance to speak to so many people during my few visits in between my work schedules, luckily got away from Excel by around 7pm and got my little pride and joy back on my drive at 12.30 am .. Feeling a bit worse for wear today though :?

Many thanks to all those who helped me with the arrival and departure at the event. (Not forgetting the munchies,tea and coffee etc ! ;) )