CMBA at the London Boat Show 2014

Detailed contact information and arrangements for these events will be available to CMBA Members only in the CMBA Clubhouse section.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

CMBA at the London Boat Show 2014

Post by Alacrity »

The CMBA will be exhibiting several boats at the LIBS 2014, details are still being confirmed as this has only just been confirmed today but most pressing are volunteer CMBA members to man the stand, 2 per day minimum. Contact myself, Geoff Allchorn or David Knight if you can help, our details can be found in the magazine. The show runs from January 4th to the 12th inclusive.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Alacrity
Site Admin

Re: CMBA at the London Boat Show 2014

Post by Alacrity »

We have had a very poor response to this appeal for help. At the moment we are severely short of members to man the stand which will make it very unfair to those that have volunteered who will have to do several days up there.

So please contact me if you can help as it is getting urgent now & we desperately need more bodies.

Geoff
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Well thanks to a lot of hard work by all the usual suspects we have a very nice display of 5 boats at the London Boat Show which starts this Saturday (4th) through until Sunday the 12th.

I have to say it has been a big disappointment that we have had little or no response from the membership to our appeals for help, both on this forum & by email.

Shame. People are quick to criticise though . . .

Apologies for the poor quality phone picture.
Attachments
IMG_0221.JPG

catweazle
CMBA Member: 0

Post by catweazle »

It is a shame but i guess its not a good time of year for a lot of people,i personaly prefered the old venue and have only visited the new site once ,that was enough for me,the food and service was terrible ,hot dogs with no butter,lol.
We are in the middle of trying to move to Hayling Island,Preparing our own house for renting,trying to sell the motherinlaws house so she can come with us,presently in Hospital with Pneaumonia for the third time age 92,oh yes dismantling a business ferrying stuff up and down to Hayling in a 55 yr old land rover and trailer,prepairing a container in the boat yard to accomadate the Cat engine with the knocked out crank which has to be ready in June for the 50th aniversary of the nelson 40.Believe me if i had time to help it would be a lot less stressful.Mind you i can only talk about nelsons and Cat engines not a lot of help realy.Good news is i will only be just down the rd from ivy lake so can push and pull you in and out all day long.wish you all the best with the show. :thumbsup:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Site looks great. I do admire those that come in from hundreds of miles around to help set up and man the stand and spread the word. Well done and thanks!
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

A big thank you to all who visited us at the London Boat Show last week. In terms of numbers on the stand it was by far the best ever for us, lets hope it brings forth new members.

Also a huge thank you to all who gave up their time (and money :( ) to setup, man and dismantle the stand - some doing 3 days or more - and especially those who also provided the lovely boats that were so much admired by so many.

Without all of the above it couldn't have happened.

mickypitch
CMBA Member: 0

Post by mickypitch »

Hi - new to the forum.

Great display at the boat show. Always loved the look and concept of the albatross boats and great to see one there.

Its motivated me to keep a look out on the for sale page of this forum!!

All the best Mick