Ivy Lake test day November 3rd

Detailed contact information and arrangements for these events will be available to CMBA Members only in the CMBA Clubhouse section.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Ivy Lake test day November 3rd

Post by floater »

‘Last Chance’ Autumn Test Day in the South

Get a last run out on the water on Sunday 3rd November the venue is Ivy Lake (the home of Chichester Water Ski Club) at Chichester, West Sussex.

We will have use of the lake all day until late afternoon/dusk, launching will be DIY and there is room for 20 boats on pontoon moorings. Facilities ashore on the grassed area around the pontoons are basic with just Portaloos. However Chichester Water-ski club have kindly offered to run a barbeque lunch. There is no on site overnight camping, but there are lots of local campsites adjacent for those who want to or are daft enough to camp.

A last chance to get a run on the water before the long winter layup.

The launching fee will be £25/boat, and £7 per head for lunch. To secure your place please contact me to let me know you are coming and for an entry form. Late entries on the day accepted provided we have mooring space. Whatever you do don’t travel until you have spoken to me to get final information and to check we have space for you.

Please send me a PM with your personal email address, I can then send you an entry form.

See you there.

Dave Howell

floater

Re: Ivy Lake test day November 3rd

Post by floater »

If you are planning on attending the fast approaching Autumn test day please send your form in as soon as possible so that I can confirm your entry and give BBQ numbers to the Waterski club.

If you need a form and have not yet received one please send me a PM

Hope to see you there :wot:

Dave Howell

catweazle
CMBA Member: 0

Post by catweazle »

I have fitted a turbo engine to the LR and i am experimenting with diff ratios at the moment so no 4 wheel drive low range,i cant guarantee to help but will if all gets sorted but you need to plan without me this time.Sorry :(

floater

Post by floater »

catweazle wrote:I have fitted a turbo engine to the LR and i am experimenting with diff ratios at the moment so no 4 wheel drive low range,i cant guarantee to help but will if all gets sorted but you need to plan without me this time.Sorry :(
Thanks for letting me know hope you get it all sorted sounds like an ambitious project.

All those planning to attend please note we shall be self launching, please be prepared to help.

floater

Post by floater »

Attendees please see announcement in the "CMBA Clubhouse" section.

catweazle
CMBA Member: 0

Post by catweazle »

floater wrote:Attendees please see announcement in the "CMBA Clubhouse" section.
thats no good i can never remember the password,can you pm me.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

PM sent
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

A YouTube clip by Martin Ellis taken on the day.

Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

Thanks for posting this, see you all there on Sunday 30 March 2014 :woo:
Growing up is optional...