River Thames Trip

Detailed contact information and arrangements for these events will be available to CMBA Members only in the CMBA Clubhouse section.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

River Thames Trip

Post by water_buoy »

I am planning to come on the Thames trip this Saturday but don't now much about it, does anyone have any more info on the day? Or know who I need to contact, I notice it says Terry Palmer on the calendar.
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Re: River Thames Trip

Post by floater »

PM sent

A good day out, you will need to buy a day licence, available at locks. Costs £10.50 for our sized boats. you can print off a form here and fill it out to take with you to save time if you wish http://a0768b4a8a31e106d8b0-50dc802554e ... eda92c.pdf

Terry will give you the details for the day I haven't spoken to him lately so wont give details here in case he is changing things this year. The launch site is good with a wide slipway and parking for cars and trailers.

look forward to seeing you there.

water_buoy

Post by water_buoy »

Ok thanks, I use the Thames quite a lot (up the other end) and usually do a day licence from St. John's lock but I didn't know you could pre fill out a form so that's a handy tip!

See you there then
Cheers :drink:

floater

Post by floater »

May have given miss information here :oops: just had another look at the form and think it is for applying by post. I will fill one in and take it along in case I can use it whilst being prepared to fill in a different one at the lock.

In the past a group that gets launched early makes its way up to Sunbury lock to buy licences to save a bun fight at the first lock.

water_buoy

Post by water_buoy »

Ah ok not to worry, I'll probably just get one on the day then :thumbsup:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

There's a section en route to Sunbury that I found hard to throttle up through :D . Am going to test the Ski Twin here as the tides are spot on.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Well after a frantic hour I have got the thing ready for tomorrow. She hadn't been touched since it was pushed inside after Ivy Lake Nov 2012 :oops: , the engine flew over & fired up straight away (which means it won't tomorrow!) so it now remains to be seen if I can persuade my darling daughter & her pal to clean it up for me this evening, perhaps the threat of no dinner will help. :D
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

Me also....spent most of the day sorting out the boat and trying to remember where I left all the bits and pieces that you end up taking.....however my engine didn't whizz over....more limped....anyway it started, think the battery may still be in hibernation ( or on Southampton time..!!).......lets hope the weather is O.K. been horrible here today..... :wot:

floater

Post by floater »

Forecast for tomorrow is cloudy all day but dry, 12-13 degrees hazy over the river between Walton and Kingston due to a build up of 2 stroke fumes by lunchtime.

Started the lawnmower motor in a bucket last weekend and brimmed the tank today with 8 litres of petrol, which thanks to Mr Hondas frugality should last a year. Longer still if it refuses to start.

water_buoy

Post by water_buoy »

Little video clip from the day