Irish Event 2013

Detailed contact information and arrangements for these events will be available to CMBA Members only in the CMBA Clubhouse section.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Irish Event 2013

Post by Alacrity »

Plans are afoot for the 2013 Club Powerboat.ie powerboat rally to which CMBA members are invited again. Many of you will have read about the last event in 2010 based at Dromod & Hodson Bay which was thoroughly enjoyed by the crews of the 5 boats that traveled over from the CMBA in England.

We are hoping for many more classics to attend this time round as the initial show of hands at Cardiff of approx 35 boats dwindled somewhat last time!

To this end our Irish hosts have asked for preferred dates, spring is the only time it works in their calendar, last time was late April & the weather was generally very good with no rain :thumbsup: as I'm told is often the case this time of year. The plan is to run two events over two weekends, with free 'holiday' time in between. Either one or both weekends can be attended. Ferry prices are not, we are told by Irish Ferries, seasonal but are cheaper if travelling on the Tuesday or Wednesday which would suit this event anyway.

Clearly this is never going to be a cheap rally to attend, however it has to be thought of as a holiday which puts it into perspective, as a holiday it isn't expensive & the boating is just fantastic :woo: :wot: :woo: . Probably unlike anything you will have done before unless you have attended European rallies or gone boating in North America. The hospitality is superb :drink: and the welcome very warm.

I suggest you give serious thought to making this a 'must do' holiday destination for 2013
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Re: Irish Event 2013

Post by Tremlett 15 »

remember it never rains over here..... :oops:

we are all looking forward to you guys coming over again...........and in bigger numbers.... ;)

Alacrity, thanks for the thread & can you all talk to each other about this Irish event at your next events to get a feel for numbers & dates......

please feel free to contact me ( by PM or if you have my tele Nos ) if required.

hope you all have a great season & we ( me & Mrs T 15) hope to be over to Cardiff in August again this year.... :)

T 15 ( Austin )

:wot:

:drink:

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Post by puddleduck »

Thought I'd let you know that me, Penny and Penny Too (now with 50hp merc!) will be heading for the emerald Isle again - April sounds as good a time as any to go! :wot: :drink: :wot: bring it on!

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

It would be great to have you guys/girls over again, It's the only chance we get to see classic boats come together but we are are working on getting a few more on the water like the pearly miss , saro terrapin and a few deltas. Maybe if we get enough 50 hp merc's we could have a little drag race :wot: :D

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Well the interest here is underwhelming to say the least. Only one post from someone interested & he was one of those who went last time! :grrr: We had rather hoped that there may be more of us next year but it seems that may not be the case with only those who went last year being up for it in 2013 so far, & no interest from anyone else. :?

It will be in the next magazine as well but if this forum is anything to go by we won't have much response there either. I really am very very surprised & not a little disappointed there hasn't been more comments/interest shown.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Alacrity wrote:Well the interest here is underwhelming to say the least. Only one post from someone interested & he was one of those who went last time! :grrr: We had rather hoped that there may be more of us next year but it seems that may not be the case with only those who went last year being up for it in 2013 so far, & no interest from anyone else. :?

It will be in the next magazine as well but if this forum is anything to go by we won't have much response there either. I really am very very surprised & not a little disappointed there hasn't been more comments/interest shown.

thanks for the update.... :( :o

after Easter hols I will give you a tele call....

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

There is many members that have been out of work and the cost of fuel never seems to come down,and I can understand why no one can get them selfs to the event.
But it was a fantastic event and Irish members, but so much effort into and making us feel so welcome. if you don`t go to this event you have not lived and might as well and throw yourself into the canal, it was best thing for ever and ever . every one needs to get big jam jar and throw every spare penny in a jar and save up and go next year.

i will be there .
Last edited by Howstar on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Howstar wrote:There is many members that have been out of work and the cost of fuel never seems to come down,and i can understand why no one can get them selves to the event.
But it was a fantastic event and Irish members, but so much effort into and making us feel so welcome. if you don`t go to this event you have not lived and might as well and throw yourself into the canal, it was best thing for ever and ever . every one needs to get big jam jar and throw every spare penny in a jar and save up and go next year.

i will be there .

thanks Howstar..... :thumbsup:

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

a little taster.... ;)

spent Easter week based at Dromod

a few pics..... :pirate:

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk24 ... =slideshow

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Post by bigminiandy »

Hi.

Do we have any progress with dates for this event? Are the two events at either end of the week at the same location? What do you do with the boats between events, is it a case of finding a hotel that has a big enough car park for the trailer/boat for the full week?

sorry about all the questions just wondering if we could afford to do the rally and if we can be first on the holiday rota!!!

Thanks
Andy
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/