Irish Event 2013

Detailed contact information and arrangements for these events will be available to CMBA Members only in the CMBA Clubhouse section.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Re: Irish Event 2013

Post by bigminiandy »

she won't now have the holiday entitlement for the whole Irish bash
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Was the first week booked on our 2013 holiday sheet :D Think the inlaws are paying for the ferry for us for christmas so that can't be bad
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Post by Tremlett 15 »

sorry for the delay.....

Irish Event, CMBA & IWAI Powerboat Branch

Main Event: Based at Butlers Marina, Carrick-on-Shannon, Southern Ireland.

Draft outline:

Friday 3rd May 2013: Arrival & Skippers Briefing at Butlers Marina

Sat 4th May 2013: From Butlers Marina run to Lough Key and return to Butlers Marina, prov start time 9.30am.

Sun 5th May 2013: from Butlers Marina to Grange & Kilglass, prov start time 9.30am

Mon 6th May 2013: from Butlers Marina, use up the last of ur petrol, prov start time 10,30am.

All after event meet-ups/functions will be held in The Bush Hotel, Carrick-on-Shannon.

Currently the second weekend has not been arranged yet but we are looking for a second location for the next weekend, sorry I cannot be more specific at this time.

Hotels / B&Bs etc can be found within The Gathering link or via the Irish Tourist Board website, I am trying to get contact Nos for local self-catering accommodation.

Do feel free to contact me via the PM on this forum if required, if you include a telephone No, I will phone you back.

Austin.

:wot:

:drink:

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

Sad bit is i don`t think i can do the 2 weekends but will be going for a week Thursday 2nd of May to Thursday 9

Also i Irish ferries are doing 20 % off if you book before the end Jan . i can put the code in the members section if any one is interested

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Howstar wrote:Also i Irish ferries are doing 20 % off if you book before the end Jan . i can put the code in the members section if any one is interested
It would be good if you could please Howard :thumbsup:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

Done :woo: :wot: :heat: and booked

Save 100 quid

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

UPDATE:

UPDATE ON ACCOMMODATION IN CARRICK-on-SHANNON

the Powerboat Branch have provisional Booked rooms in 2 hotels for the May weekend ( first weekend )

8 rooms in the Bush Hotel + 353 ( 0 ) 71-9671000, price 89 euro standard per room B&B per night; 99 euro per new room B&B per night.

2 rooms booked Cyrans Hotel. price 50 euro per person sharing B&B per night, reservation call + 353 ( 0 ) 71 9672066

NOTE: these rooms will be released to the General Public on the 14th Feb

when booking rooms in either hotel ref is : Denise Byrne

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as far as the branch can see all houses & apartments are booked out in the area.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However the Branch has accommodation for Camper Vans arranged, if you are considering Camping ( Tents ) let the Branch know, the nearest camp site is quite a distance away from the activities but the Branch do have an alternative, send an email to powerboat@iwai.ie and they will arrange it for you.

==============================================================================================================

The Branch has the plan coming together for the second weekend in Dromineer......on your way back to Rosslare ferry.

http://www.iwai.ie/maps/shannon-erne/ma ... non.2.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the branch will have lots of secure parking storage etc etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the first weekend, most evening activity will be in the Bush Hotel...................we have our room already booked.... :drink:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs T 15 & I are currently moving house, ( to the Fermanagh lakelands for 6 months :wot: ) so after 1st Feb my BT landline phone number will be changed...... you can contact me via a PM on here or a PM via Facebook ( Austin Gunning )

must get back the the bubble wrap......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Austin ( Tremlett 15 )

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Tremlett 15 wrote:UPDATE:

UPDATE ON ACCOMMODATION IN CARRICK-on-SHANNON

the Powerboat Branch have provisional Booked rooms in 2 hotels for the May weekend ( first weekend )

8 rooms in the Bush Hotel + 353 ( 0 ) 71-9671000, price 89 euro standard per room B&B per night; 99 euro per new room B&B per night.

2 rooms booked Cyrans Hotel. price 50 euro per person sharing B&B per night, reservation call + 353 ( 0 ) 71 9672066

NOTE: these rooms will be released to the General Public on the 14th Feb

when booking rooms in either hotel ref is : Denise Byrne

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as far as the branch can see all houses & apartments are booked out in the area.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However the Branch has accommodation for Camper Vans arranged, if you are considering Camping ( Tents ) let the Branch know, the nearest camp site is quite a distance away from the activities but the Branch do have an alternative, send an email to powerboat@iwai.ie and they will arrange it for you.

==============================================================================================================

The Branch has the plan coming together for the second weekend in Dromineer......on your way back to Rosslare ferry.

http://www.iwai.ie/maps/shannon-erne/ma ... non.2.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the branch will have lots of secure parking storage etc etc

During the first weekend, most evening activity will be in the Bush Hotel...................we have our room already booked.... :drink:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs T 15 & I are currently moving house, ( to the Fermanagh lakelands for 6 months :wot: ) so after 1st Feb my BT landline phone number will be changed...... you can contact me via a PM on here or a PM via Facebook ( Austin Gunning )

must get back the the bubble wrap......

Austin ( Tremlett 15 )

NOTE: from tonight my PC & internet is disconnected & from Thur my BT landline is disconnected, all should be up & running from Thur 7th Feb, from then I will have a new BT landline Tel No., PM me if you require it.... all down to house move...to the Fermanagh lakes..... :wot: ..... :drink:

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

UPDATE:

the second weekend, Sat 11th & Sun 12th May, will be based at Dromineer on Lough Derg, accommodation will be at http://www.loughderghouse.ie/
which is a very good hostel, the contact for the hostel is Declan Collison and the phone number is within the link, book early if you can. The hostel is about 60 ft from the slipway, the bay has public floating jetties, both the slip & jetties are free, both are enclosed by a harbour wall. The hostel will have space for tents & campervans.

The nearest town is Nenagh which is about 6 miles away, which has hotels and B&Bs.

feel free to contact me via PM on this forum.

Tremlet 15 ( Austin )

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

another update.........

boats can be stored gratis and safely in Shannon Sailing Marina yard Dromineer during the week between the weekends, contact is Denis Dillon, contact No:

Shannon Sailing is just across from the slipway.... well about 1/4 mile ish....

google it

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

B & B accommodation in Dromineer

Otway Lodge Dromineer ( near to slip ) tel +353 ( 0 ) 67 24273

The Well Meadow B & B ( about 1/2 mile ish.... from the slip) tel +353 ( 0 ) 67 24032 ( not sure if this one is still a B&B ??? )