Irish Event 2013

Detailed contact information and arrangements for these events will be available to CMBA Members only in the CMBA Clubhouse section.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Irish Event 2013

Post by Howstar »

Last year the first week was place called Dromond over the Easter long weakened I left my boat and in the water until Thursday my trailer was left at the hotel chained up to others trailers, i did couple days touring and went to second location ,

Through the crape vine i think first location will be Dromond again but nothing been planned yet.

I can give you name hotel in Rootsey where i stayed which was very good value which was 35 quid, 40 Euros the night which include breakfast and dinner big car park and tennis court i think it could take forty rooms.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

As Howard says we were based at two locations last year, Dromod & Athlone (Hodson Bay) about an hour - hour & a half apart by car. Our boats were safe & secure in a shed in a boatyard for the weekdays we were of touring on that occasion. They were thinking about Easter again as that saves on holiday days used up at work but it is very early next year so its unlikely it will be over Easter but probably around the mid/end of April. Well worth it if you can do it Andy.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Post by bigminiandy »

Ok thank you. Just trying to add up the costs. As the event is at two different places I take it you changed hotel/B&B half way through. Is there a cost for the event?
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

We were in two different B & B's yes (well three actually but that's another story!). I believe camping can also be an option although no one did last year. There was an event cost although I don't know what that will be but this is what I have copied from the post in the members area from the last rally:
Entry fees for one event is £30 and the second £25, with the first you are a member of IWAI (http://powerboat.iwai.ie/) which covers the event organisers from a liability point of view, and the second you get more stuff per boat per event, again details to follow.

Hope this helps.

G
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

There may also be an additional cost :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :woo:
All going well I hope to launch the crackerbox for the first time at this meet :wot:

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Post by bigminiandy »

Charlotte has already demanded that if we go a tour of the Guinness brewery needs to be on the cards :drink: if that isn't an excuse for beer money I don't know what is.

Soon as we know the dates please can they be posted of PM me, getting the time from work is the most difficult part of holidays for me. Would really like to do this rally. It's been 10 or so years since I was in Ireland (think i was 13/14) and Charlottes never been! I think she may forbid camping for the week so B&Bs it is.

Would be great to see the Crackerbox. I've been considering building a model one with an IC engine for several years now and never got round to it. Been glued to the progress on yours and it looks fantasic.
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Dates have now been set:

1st weekend

Sat 4th May to Mon 6th May 2013 ( bank holiday w/e in UK & RoI )

this w/e will be based at Carrick-on-Shannon ( Southern Ireland ) currently planned to be based from Butlers Marina, which will have secure parking, two slipways, good space for trailers etc.

Carrich-on-Shannon has a good number of hotels and B&B's, more details on these will follow.

On Saturday, current outline plan ( to be confirmed ) we will do a run "north" to Lough Key approx 20 miles for return trip & will include passage thro one lock each way. On the return trip we may visit Leitrim village which would be an additional 6 miles round trip.
Carrick-on-Shannon is on map section 1 1 on the attached map, Lough Key is on map 1 2

http://www.iwai.ie/maps/shannon-erne/index.html

On Sunday, current outline plan ( to be confirmed ) is we will run "south" to Grange / Kilglass which is on map 1 0 on the above map, total return trip is approx 32 miles which will include a lock passage each way.

On Monday, to be advised later

2nd weekend

Sat 11th & Sun 12th May, location to be confirmed.

The format will be similar to the last event, we hope to get support from Waterways Ireland (which is the government body that looks after the waterways )

Anyone staying for the full period, it will be "free time" between each weekend, Mrs T 15 & I hope to be around for the full period to help & assist..... :drink: :wot: :drink:

Most of the routes will be WOT :wot: and the waterways are free to use.

The money currency is Euro in Southern Ireland ( RoI ).

The max speed limit on all roads when towing a trailer in the RoI is 80 kph or 50 mph.

We ( the Powerboat Branch IWAI ) will be having a meeting on the 1st of Dec to finalise the overall plans, so I will give an update when all is known.

Anyone requiring any other info please send me a PM on here with your phone No or email address and I will try to help.

:wot:

:drink:

PS: my PC stopped working in the middle of this post, so I had to complete it from the iPad.
Last edited by Tremlett 15 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

Sound good

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

Post by water_buoy »

I'd be up for that, sounds like a cracking weekend! Plus I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the crackerbox launch :thumbsup: :drink:
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

Ooo Crap :shock: T15 any chance we could make it july :help: