Yet another broom Gemini?

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Re: Yet another broom Gemini?

Post by Tremlett 15 »

totalbeginner
CMBA Member: 0

Post by totalbeginner »

Thanks for the Plancraft link, it's just a shame that all of these boats of a certain age suffer the same problem, low quality photo's. If only the digital age had been around longer..... At least the Gemini came with original seats & screen so I don't have to troll through endless photo's trying to work out which is the original. That said, despite some comments on this forum about fitting rear seats it appears from the brochure that a rear bench seat was available from the factory, I'd like to go that route because nobody really travels backwards? cars/planes/trains spring to mind, or do I stay original? Something else to ponder while waiting for paint to dry LOL.
You can't polish a turd, but you can sprinkle glitter on it.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Rear facing seats mean better performance & dry (drier?) rear passengers 'on the plane' boating is planned. Rear bench seats will mean its likely the rear passengers will have to move forward to get the boat on the plane - they will also get very wet if bumpy! Jack Broom would supply whatever you paid him for, regardless of brochures.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

totalbeginner

Post by totalbeginner »

Rear facing seats mean better performance & dry (drier?) rear passengers
Like I'm going to be sitting in the back :D I've got the original back to back recliners but no fixings for them, it would be interesting to know how they were mounted? There was a pair of back to back seats on a fibreglass frame on Ebay but at 54" they were too long & would have left no rear legroom!

Loved the bit about Jack would supply anything if paid, 20yrs old, blond, long legs, bikini..... Oh well back to the wife :(

totalbeginner

Post by totalbeginner »

After a few weeks of being let down with somewhere to paint, I finally got the use of a decent workshop. At least it's back in it's temporary home in primer & guide coat. Still running thru permutations on colour, must be time to have a serious think over a :drink:
Attachments
IMAG0052.jpg

totalbeginner

Post by totalbeginner »

At last, a decent bit of weather! No more waiting on other people, I'll take a chance & paint in the marquee.

Still uncertain about the colour, I heard a voice from next door say "Actually, I've got an unopened 4ltr tin of bright yellow 2k gloss, you can have it if you want!" Yellow it is then :chuffed:

A day to let it harden & then a few hours playing with wet and dry and a mop should see it looking nice and shiny :D :D
Attachments
IMAG0062.jpg
IMAG0060.jpg

totalbeginner

Post by totalbeginner »

Blimey, that's bright! said the wife, as one of my boys pointed out to her "that's so the rescue services can see it" :hilarious: :hilarious:
Attachments
IMAG0065.jpg
IMAG0064.jpg