Speed Boat restoration project !!

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

pmontyuk
CMBA Member: 0

Speed Boat restoration project !!

Post by pmontyuk »

Hi all im new here so i thought i would put up my boat restoration project i belive the boat to be a 1979 Sea Ray 15ft with a johnson 100hp outboard with sports pack and power trim and tilt if anybody thinks it is anything else please feel free to tell me.

Sorry about the banana yellow.
Speed Boat.jpg
035.JPG
As you can see 5 years of leaves and weather has rotted the floor even though it was fiberglassed over.
038.JPG
Once the floor was removed could see how much space it actually left me so i think i will put a stepped floor in now to make more room.
040.JPG

Be very appreciative for any information and help with this on going project.

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Re: Speed Boat restoration project !!

Post by se7en »

I don't know what it is, but I think you will find its not a Sea ray.........!!

pmontyuk

Post by pmontyuk »

se7en wrote:I don't know what it is, but I think you will find its not a Sea ray.........!!

Hiya,

Thanks for the response the person i brought the boat from was led to belive it was maybe a early sea ray due to the shape and pictures of boats of that era but i have done some research for myself and i havent spotted another boat similar so i belive it was a one off from somewhere all i know is that whoever had it before i brought it from a friend did a piss poor job of painting it.

Im hoping to do a beech overlay over the top of the boat but first the colour is going to be changed i think i might keep the yellow bottom but i might go for a nice white for the top to make it less garerish and more respectable.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Hi and welcome, it's a UK designed and built Sorcerer, about 15f-16ft. Quite common, but a nice comfortable choppy water boat - sometimes seen with inboard motors, but most are outboard and need bigger horsepower to get them going well. There used to be a Sorcerer boats website with interesting historical pics on the web. The hull design is used in a series of RIBs they produce.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

pmontyuk

Post by pmontyuk »

Rapier wrote:Hi and welcome, it's a UK designed and built Sorcerer, about 15f-16ft. Quite common, but a nice comfortable choppy water boat - sometimes seen with inboard motors, but most are outboard and need bigger horsepower to get them going well. There used to be a Sorcerer boats website with interesting historical pics on the web. The hull design is used in a series of RIBs they produce.
Hiya,

Thankyou very much for clearing that up for me i have been searching all over the web and not even come close as soon as i put that in came straight up with a picture thanks again.

Thanks again :woo: