Riva Rudy

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Re: Riva Rudy

Post by welshhealey »

Hi Howard,
Sorry for late reply to your post you put on here earlier, just come in from a gig :heat:

Names of my boats and the reason for their names is as follows ; Lady Austina is the Healey 75 and named her shortly after I rescued her in 1984 so the name was thought of after the rocker cover said "Austin-Healey 75 ' so I put a letter A after the word Austin then before it the word lady hence Lady Austin(a) ! :D the Moonfleet was slightly more interesting , ... my little boy who at the time was only 5 said one day "Dad, is that rusty boat ever going to float ? " and a thought came to my mind thats it I'l call it Rusty but spelt Rustee ! I did think of spelling it after the kids car cartoon character " Rusteze " (I think that is how they spelt it ) :hmmm: and finally the little Shetland is Called "Pippa J " not named by me but by the previous owner(s) so keeping in with the wise old man saying "it is unlucky to change the name of a boat " I kept it the same ! :hilarious:

With regard to the picture of the other orange Moonfleet you saw on the lap top at C.Y.C. in August, that was in fact your Boat before you were the owner ! :hilarious: however there was a rather poor picture of a dull red one when I wanted to take a pic of the unique windscreen brackets, but only had a little of the boat showing.