Riva Rudy

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Riva Rudy

Post by welshhealey »

Has anyone (or know of anyone ) had any experience of re-building a Riva Rudy :hmmm: (GRP version of the Junior ) .. got a chance of getting one at very little money :o (friend of a friend etc ) :perfect: only downside is no engine :grrr: I was informed by the owner that "everything " is available virtually off the shelf in Italy, but at a price :shock: but also informs me of a source of good secondhand parts available eg. engine (5.7 Chevvy ? ) and a Borg-Warner 1:1 velvet drive ... :hmmm: windscreen is still on it though and some deck fittings ... will be viewing it soon :perfect:

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Re: Riva Rudy

Post by sean-nós »

The 5.7 chevy block is the same as a mercruiser so no problem getting parts, I'm also using a 1-1 borg warner in my boat.

welshhealey

Post by welshhealey »

Are the Engines easy to get hold of ? :hmmm: and things like mountings and Bell housing items scare me :o

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

Yep they are all standard and easy to get hold of I bought a donor ski boat "sport nautique" as they run off the same setup 5.7 with a 1-1 and just swapped over all the parts, as it turned out my engine was cracked so I got a reman long block from these http://www.marineparts.ie/engine-parts/ ... ng-blocks/ but I'm sure you will be able to get one cheeper over in the UK.

welshhealey

Post by welshhealey »

Many thanks sean no's you have boosted my confidence no end ! :perfect: no doubt I will be on here again soon asking some more queries ! :lol: when I eventually view the boat, It may be a "shed" as we say here in Wales but hopefully it will be a viable project, things is, a boat of that size has a "knock on " effect :grrr: ... like having to changing the car for something meaty enough to tow it with :hilarious: (forgive me on the symbol for the spelling on your user name ) :oops:

Giando
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Giando »

I have a Rudy super and I am trying to keep track of those which still around. What's the hull number of your Rudy?

welshhealey

Post by welshhealey »

Hi Giando

I have not picked up the boat yet so unfortunately I cannot give you the information on the hull number, but as soon as I locate it, i will post it on here. :perfect:

I may (with your kind permission) be asking you some questions at a later date, seeing as you are an owner of one of these boats ;)

Howstar

Post by Howstar »

Ian are you not finishing off your moonfleet

welshhealey

Post by welshhealey »

Hi Howard, yes Moonfleet is still ongoing when my boat engineer who is helping me turns up to carry on with the project :? very very very frustrating ! :grrr: all the bits are in boxes and on the shelves in my ever so "crammed" garage just waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel when he eventually arrives at my door :hilarious: he is a superb experienced qualified guy but has the reliability of a baby's bottom ! :hilarious: and with the tricky thing(s) two man operation left to do on it, I cannot manage on my own unless I, pay a fortune to take it to a commercial boat fitter engineer,which if I do, I'l be ending up selling my beloved other Classics to pay for it . :shock:

Howstar

Post by Howstar »

Oh ,I am please you not get rid of the moonfleet all the hard work you put in that , I am doing the body work up on mine at the moment it took few a knocks since I had it and bought a nice cover for it so should be able to cover up over the winter ,I might take it out when i am in the lakes the next fortnight before winter sets in and post some pictures somewhere,

Do you have name for all your boats,

Also do have copy of the other orange moonfleet I saw on your lab top.

Howard