moonfleet progress

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

moonfleet progress

Post by welshhealey »

22042012102-001.jpeg
Hi all, just a quick "piccy" on the ultra slow process of my Moonfleet Aquila due to present economic climate :tumbleweed: however, at long last, engine is now in with engine mounts in correct position, and after many hours of labour :heat: the shaft now marries up nicely to gearbox flange :perfect: (which in the process had to be machined to fit) as it must have been the incorrect one when I had the boat 2 years ago :cry: . ... please note rear mounting bolts not fully home when this picture was taken ... just got carried away with camera too quick :hilarious: wish I could get it running for Cardiff tho ! :( got nice re chromed rocker cover to go on , and with a bit of elbow grease spit and shine,the engine will hopefully regain it's lust it had just before project was mothballed :o bet this 6cyl lumper of a motor will pop along quite nicely :hmmm: loads more pics. on rebuild to follow which I hope one day will be in the Mag :notworthy:

Healey75

Re: moonfleet progress

Post by Healey75 »

Nice one :thumbsup: can't believe it's the same boat I first saw as a project at Cardiff..well done
Growing up is optional...

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Re: moonfleet progress

Post by welshhealey »

Thanks Healey 75, glad someone remembers the way she was that time I brought her to Cardiff ;) ! I thought at that time what I have I let myself in for :o will be looking forward to launch date :drink: .... eventually :hmmm: