Another Broom Saturn 'FiftySix'

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Another Broom Saturn

Post by Alacrity »

Then I applaud you ADF, we need youngsters to keep it all going in the future. :thumbsup:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

ADF
CMBA Member: 0

Post by ADF »

Alacrity wrote:Then I applaud you ADF, we need youngsters to keep it all going in the future. :thumbsup:
Why thank you :D Although I may not have chosen the easiest to start on... :cry:
Someone once told me:
"A boat is a big hole in the sea you throw money in to"
My dad once told me:
"Boating is like standing in the shower, fully clothed ripping up 5 pound notes"

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

ADF wrote:The good news is I will have all of my summer holidays to try and restore something
Looks like you're going for it then! In which case I'd suggest stringers, transom and hull repairs - that should occupy this summers holidays for a start :)

I may be able to help you with a copy of 'Runabout Renovation' - PM me if interested...

Robin
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

ADF

Post by ADF »

Is just that going to take 7 weeks? I would have thought 1 week for each, seeing as how I will have basically all day every day. Maybe I'm being naive :grrr:
Someone once told me:
My dad once told me:
"Boating is like standing in the shower, fully clothed ripping up 5 pound notes"

ADF

Post by ADF »

:( :( :( :( :(

The seller can't deliver it today, as he can't get it out of the field because it it too wet. He also said something has happened to the screen, but it is fixable. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:( :( :( :(
Someone once told me:
My dad once told me:

Howstar

Post by Howstar »

if the screan broke ,that could be you get out jail causer,

there is pleanty of other boats to chose from,

Mater interest what did you exams in
Hope you don't think a being to negative but it is very bad boat i think you need spend about 2 grand on it not including your time spent to get right
Last edited by Howstar on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sicobra
CMBA Member: 891

Post by Sicobra »

I would find out exactly WHAT has happened to the screen, in particular if the metal surround is damaged, his idea of fixable could be completely different to yours, bodge it maybe? I would be tempted to walk away now before he charges you £50 to deliver and still expects full payment for damaged goods. I know I have been supportive of your plans so far but this sounds like it may get worse, sorry, Simon

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

I agree, the screen could be the most valuable part of the whole thing, ask for detailed photos before you agree to take delivery.

But frankly this could be your chance to walk away and look for something better

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

floater wrote:I agree, the screen could be the most valuable part of the whole thing, ask for detailed photos before you agree to take delivery
Sorry ADF - floater has a good point there - my screen surround cost me £160 - this is now beginning to make me feel uneasy. Please demand pictures before you commit - just my opinion..
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

ADF

Post by ADF »

It ok folks I've asked for more info on what happened. He did say on the phone: Would I still want it with a broken screen to which I replied maybe, depending on the damage.
I might try and negotiate the price down, sell all the other bits, keep the trailer for another boat and scrap the hull.
Someone once told me:
My dad once told me: