Is this a pearly miss

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Re: Is this a pearly miss

Post by sean-nós »

Welcome aboard 112 lite she looks even better outside I look forward to see her coming back to life. What year is the johnson. :drink:

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Hi & welcome 112 lite................ :perfect:

thanks for the photos..... :D

keep them coming.

:wot:

:drink:

112 Lite
CMBA Member: 0

Post by 112 Lite »

The Johnson has not been seen yet but falls into his price range . The important thing was not to have something too expensive to run. The boat came primed and ready to paint on outside with a gallon of two-pack blue to finish. Have arranged a panel beater in town with a spray booth to do the business in April and apart from some edge rubber and seats we will get him motoring for the season.
We both feel the boat has a little history attached and the real re-furb may be over a couple of seasons. The ply floor panels have black Tracmark which is in great condition, she deserves a good job in time.
007.JPG
005.JPG

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Here's the boat test:-
Attachments
Terrapin.jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

terrapin65

Post by terrapin65 »

hi i,m colin just joined the club and saw your post regarding saro terrapin i own one of these the plate on mine says it was built at beaumaris anglesey i still have all the seats its pretty well complete and has a gale buccaneer 25hp outboard abouy 1961 and still runs fine reply appreciated thank you

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Hi, good to see you here, would be great to see you at a rally, we don't, as far as I am aware, have a Terrapin that is actually being 'campaigned' at events. It would be nice to see one on the water.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Sicobra
CMBA Member: 891

Post by Sicobra »

Hi Terrapin, just out of interest did you get yours from Great Yarmouth area? I had a look at one with a Gale 25 on the back last year which was also very complete and original but for personal reasons I could not go through with the purchase, yours does sound very familiar and if it is the same boat she was very nice and I am glad someone who will appreciate her bought it, Post up some pictures if you can? cheers, Si

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Welcome, always interested in pics of a boat on this site and will be great to see you on the water at some stage.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

terrapin65

Post by terrapin65 »

hi sent a message yesterday regarding terrapin but no reply so far anybody in at all thanks

terrapin65

Post by terrapin65 »

[quote="Sicobra"]Hi Terrapin, just out of interest did you get yours from Great Yarmouth area? I had a look at one with a Gale 25 on the back last year which was also very complete and original but for personal reasons I could not go through with the purchase, yours does sound very familiar and if it is the same boat she was very nice and I am glad someone who will appreciate her bought it, Post up some pictures if you can? cheers, Si[/q hi you are right i bought this in great yarmouth not too long ago and must admit just bought it as a running speedboat not realising it was a collectable rare item it was advertised as a sao terrapin which i googled an of course nothing came up then i then the other day i was putting new bolts for wind screen and sat inside boat and had closer look at plate mounted on dash and saw it was saro terrapin i did just put a post on earlier saying nobody answered my last post and then saw messages which had been posted it did say 0 new messages sorry about that and thank you for replies will try to send photos at some point trying to get my old mercedes camper on road and sorting out my 200ft back garden and trying to sort out batteries for my g-wiz electric car which is even more important with the problems we are encountering with fuel much obliged to all