Albatross Mark 3 - Next project

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

CRG
CMBA Member: 1280

Albatross Mark 3 - Next project

Post by CRG »

Looking forward to my next restoration project, Mark 3 runabout! Collecting tomorrow, all looks to be there, needs some TLC and maybe a few parts!
Any advice from Albatross owners would be greatly appreciated. Will post more images as the project progresses.
Attachments
s-l1600 (8).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
Last edited by CRG on Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Next project

Post by Rapier »

Looks very original too.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

CRG

Re: Albatross Mark 3 - Next project

Post by CRG »

CRG wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:08 pm
Looking forward to my next restoration project, Mark 3 runabout! Collecting tomorrow, all looks to be there, needs some TLC and maybe a few parts!
Any advice from Albatross owners would be greatly appreciated. Will post more images as the project progresses.

CRG

Post by CRG »

All very original as far as I can see but the fuel pump has been removed at some point. Can anyone advise what type of fuel pump I can/should use?
Attachments
s-l1600 (3).jpg

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

Welcome to the forum, nice project you have started.

There are plenty of Albatross owners in the club so I stand to be corrected, however I believe the boat would have originally been fitted with an SU pump. That said they are hateful things in cars and likely fare even worse in a boat so a modern solid state marine fuel pump is probably a better more reliable alternative.

Look forward to seeing how your project develops.

LaDauphine

Post by LaDauphine »

I’d agree on the fuel pump. The old SU pumps were awful, and I went solid state in about 1994 and never had a problem since. I use Facet pumps. I have changed it once when the boat was flooded with rain water…

I believe that is is possible to find a solid state pump that looks like an old SU pump, (usually for classic cars to maintain a semblance of originality) but I suspect they are expensive.

Good luck with the project!

Kind regards

R