Shakespheare?

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Re: Shakespheare?

Post by sean-nós »

Looking good, can he spray varnish :D

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Very nice, the dust story reminds me of doing my first boat and using a watering can to wet the floor to keep it down, while I sprayed, but I overdid it and the garage took weeks to dry out..
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

haventaclue
CMBA Member: 924

Post by haventaclue »

Yep,I dampened the floor of the garage but didn't carry on out to the yard and when the wind changed direction the U shape of the house and garage created a mini tornado,OK that's a bit of exaggeration :hilarious: I had left the door open to allow air circulate and clear the paint fumes :grrr: C'est la vive..
Now I need to polish those fairleads and handle. This might sound daft,but I have no idea where to get the bar of metal polish/paste I need for this
no matter how bad it is,it can always get worse,I'm an optimist

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

I have used the kit from Halfords to polish stainless steel and it worked out ok, they have one for hard metal and one for soft.

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Thanks Fergal,must pay them a visit. :thumbsup: Oh and Darren will spray anything..He has a damm big oven.Sprays trucks most of the time

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

I didn't try too hard with those as you can see, but typically use peek or autosol.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

A little progress,slow but sure,maybe! :hmmm: The kill-switch will go where the ignition switch was and I will replace oil pressure gauge with chrome bezel,black face fuel gauge.I have white face which will do in the meantime.
Attachments
Who says you can't put the rubbing strake from a 14' on a 17'
Who says you can't put the rubbing strake from a 14' on a 17'
will need to raise the tank on the inside
will need to raise the tank on the inside
need to get the vacuum cleaner out
need to get the vacuum cleaner out
Just set in for a preview
Just set in for a preview
before covering
before covering

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

All progress is good progress, whatever the pace. Good job, keep it up :thumbsup:

My wave rider has a slightly different shape under the splashwell so this may be irrelevant, but just to aid consideration, I have two 30l hulk fuel tanks long sides across behind the rear seat. I have placed the battery on the port side toward the transom and on the starboard side bolted to the transom, the pump for the PTT.

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

floater wrote:the port side toward the transom and on the starboard side bolted to the transom, the pump for the PTT.
The jury is out on where I'm going to put either yet.I had thought on placing the fuel tank/s under the bench seat which will be side facing but with the wide tank I have,it would make my seats a little wide and maybe a wee bit high.But the battery is defiantly going on the starboard side.If I got my hands on a cheap long slim fuel tank I would prefer to put it under the side bench.That would allow me to put the PTT on one of the stringers under the splash-well.What to do,what to do :hmmm: I do have a bracket made that I could bolt through the floor under the splash well and feed the hoses through the middle. But as usual I'll put it together as I go along and hope for the best :hilarious: :drink:

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

Just offering food for thought not a definitive guide and to be honest I don't think I got it right. Make it up as you go along is not a bad idea, keep it flexible to get the best balance.
All my cables enter the splashwell on the starboard side so the battery being on the port side results in long cables. also getting at the PTT pump bolted to the inside of the transom is a bit of a squeeze. 60L of fuel behind the rear seat makes it a bit heavy at the stern particularly with the Merc 80. I now have a 53L tank in the bow so now only have one of the 30L tanks in the back as a reserve.

pic is of boat with only one 30L tank in the back and no fuel up front. As can be seen it's a bit lower at the back than I'd like but now with the bow tank and of course me up front it sits a bit better.
Attachments
bit of a heavy butt
bit of a heavy butt