Shakespheare?

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

haventaclue
CMBA Member: 924

Re: Shakespheare?

Post by haventaclue »

You use to have :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:
no matter how bad it is,it can always get worse,I'm an optimist

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Disregard the rust,it's been dealt with.
Attachments
Crack on Merc800 saddle
Crack on Merc800 saddle

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

Got the trim on a second chance after the guy that sniped failed to make contact, odd!

Crack on with the Shakey, summer is just around the corner and the English arrive in May :wot:

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Congrats. Hope it's all it says it is. :perfect: If you're coming over,hope to meet have :drink: and are you bringing the Shakey?

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

Sadly not able to come over, hope the sun shines and all goes well. From what others have said and T15 has posted it promises to be a cracking do.

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

A little further on :) two steps forward one back :grrr: Now you know why I use the signature that I do. :hilarious:
Anyway it's back to the wet 'n' dry,barcoat,more primer,and we'll give it another go next week/month/year :( .
Water and oil in the airline :grrr: :grrr: Got an earful for that from my mate who did the spraying for me. :hilarious:
Attachments
and then
and then
looks ok from this angle
looks ok from this angle
Primed and been refilled
Primed and been refilled

neilgreenfield
CMBA Member: 0

Post by neilgreenfield »

i feel for you... she will look fabulous in the end.. shiny paint jobs show EVER blemish... anyway, its better than watching telly :-)
don't loose heart.. you'll be really proud when she's in the water and people you don't know, say how beautiful she is...

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Thanks for the words of encouragement :thumbsup: Piece of useless information,NEVER EVER spray anything silicone based OR leave a silicone based tube of grease open anywhere near where you're going to spray paint with 2k paint :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
The Shakey now has a name.............."Murphy's Law" :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

I had a visit from Murphy myself :D Keep up the hard work it will be worth it in the end :thumbsup:

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Another step on,two back :grrr: .But, "Murphy's Law" is finally painted.
A catalogue of errors :oops: ,bad luck :grrr: and sheer stupidity :cry: contributed to a very trying job.And I won't elaborate on that.
But I got her back,took her to another friend with a commercial paint oven.He put a barcoat,epoxy primer and a couple of coats of lacquer.
At the heel of the hunt,it turns out that it was the fibreglass it self that caused the reaction to the paint.Maybe it absorbed oil or something from the air. :hmmm: I don't know,but it give my mate,who is a commercial painter,on a commercial premises ,a hard time as well.
Attachments
Decided to try a different type of paint,epoxy primer. This is where I threw my hands up and took it to the oven.As this coat of primer dried slowly,a change in wind direction blew dust in the garage door and all over the deck
Decided to try a different type of paint,epoxy primer. This is where I threw my hands up and took it to the oven.As this coat of primer dried slowly,a change in wind direction blew dust in the garage door and all over the deck
Painted on a few white stripes,no like.
Painted on a few white stripes,no like.
Placed hardware on for a look.Got a nice bow handle and fairleads from ebay.Thank you Rapier.
Placed hardware on for a look.Got a nice bow handle and fairleads from ebay.Thank you Rapier.