remote control - wanted

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Johng
CMBA Member: 0

remote control - wanted

Post by Johng »

hi all,

Does anyone have an old remote control that would fit my suzuki outboard / 13.5' Shake ? will pay of course :thumbsup:

I dont honestly know whether I need, or even want, a combined throttle/gear selector or seperate levers? on the outboard, the cables run either side of the power head but I guess that isn't relevant, a twin cable remote will be fine..

anything considered....

One day I may upgrade to a 60Hp evin, presume I will then be on the hunt for this again ?

all thoughts appreciated for this newbie..

John

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Re: remote control - wanted

Post by BroomBroom »

John - PM'd you

R
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

grant

Post by grant »

Hi Chaps,Im also after a set of controls,but i am after the old type from the early sixties with one long red topped lever and one short black top lever if there are any going up for grabs
So anoying,i found a nos set on ebay in the states,emailed the chap and he replied saying he wasnt willing to ship to uk,so i got in touch with someone else i had dealings with in the usa and he said no probs sent it to me and i'll foward it,all exited i bid at the last minit with quite a big bid and it came up saying sorry,on cant bid outside the usa :grrr: :grrr:
The controls were also made by the same company as my vintage engine GALE!! and they sold for.......$15, works out £9.80 or so :grrr: :grrr:
Hope someone might have a set,
I do have a perfect unmarked set of mercrury single handle one that you slide lever out to increase revs for starting etc if someone fancies a swop or sell some they may have
Regards
Grant

Johng
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Johng »

shame Grant that is unfortunate :(

I did / do have a shipping address in California for odd use.. hope you get it sorted...

John

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

Grant
one long red topped lever and one short black top lever if there are any going up for grabs
- guess you know this already but the Ultraflex version does the job - new and only around £50. Not the pukka Gale/OMC job I grant you - but thought I'd chip in just in case you missed 'em.

http://www.chandlery4u.co.uk/Motor%20Accessories.html#

Cheers,

R
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Grant, got any pics of the mercury controller? Also do you know what engine it came off; they're either 4.5 to 20hp or 35hp and up? One pushes the throttle, one pulls.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

grant

Post by grant »

Hi Nick,the wife normally sorts the pics out on the pc but shes busy right now,so ive sent a pic to yr phone,by the way it is a quicksiver one,i was under the illusion that quicksilver and merc were one of the same,its fitted to a mariner 30hp at the moment and it pulls the throttle,but i have had it apart (like i do with everything and have since a kid) to grease all the parts as a matter of course,and im sure that you can reverse the push pull senario,wasnt sure on second thought if you wanted the pic on the forum for others to look at,
Best regards
Grant

grant

Post by grant »

BroomBroom wrote:Grant
one long red topped lever and one short black top lever if there are any going up for grabs
- guess you know this already but the Ultraflex version does the job - new and only around £50. Not the pukka Gale/OMC job I grant you - but thought I'd chip in just in case you missed 'em.

http://www.chandlery4u.co.uk/Motor%20Accessories.html#

Cheers,

R
Thanks broom broom,I was aware of these but want a period one, :grrr: Ah god i wish i wasnt so fusy!!,

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

grant wrote:Hi Nick,the wife normally sorts the pics out on the pc but shes busy right now,so ive sent a pic to yr phone,by the way it is a quicksiver one,i was under the illusion that quicksilver and merc were one of the same,its fitted to a mariner 30hp at the moment and it pulls the throttle,but i have had it apart (like i do with everything and have since a kid) to grease all the parts as a matter of course,and im sure that you can reverse the push pull senario,wasnt sure on second thought if you wanted the pic on the forum for others to look at,
Best regards
Grant
Grant, my phone is low tech, am interested in the MerControl sets, so if one of those might do a deal. regards
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

grant

Post by grant »

Nick,
I cant get rid of them untill i find the set i need,But when I do your more than welcome,hope you wernt urgent,Were you?
Havnt you got a set in that aladins cave behind all those engines in the cuboard by the bench there!!!!! :hmmm:
I did try to call you but to no avail,I have to go to spain for two weeks tommorro to work but i will be taking lap top with me,so,if you are rumaging in any boat jumbles have a look and log my number so we could disscus,I'l try to put pic on here for you,do i have to send it to pic place to get url number to be able to do that,
I'l also try to get the pic on here of the ones i need and want,I believe they are called bo'son controls,
rgds
grant