Simmonds Ski Boat Parts - Wanted

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Runnindogs
CMBA Member: 0

Simmonds Ski Boat Parts - Wanted

Post by Runnindogs »

Hi all

I recently purchased Miss Pilgrim, a Simmonds Ski Boat, which I would like to restore to as near to original as I can manage.

Miss Pligrim can be seen here - http://www.simmonds-motorlaunches.co.uk/news.htm

Any original parts will be of interest. To make a start I will particularly be needing the Ford Consul 1703cc marinised engine (Or the marinised sp250 Daimler engine if you have one...Worth a try!) , rudder, fuel tank, water tank, steering wheel, clocks, gagues & switches etc, throttle lever. It would be good if I could be lucky enough to find an original trailer too.

I would also be interested in seeing a close to original example if anybody has one.

Any tips or gems of simmonds info would be gratefully received.

Does anybody know of Miss Pilgrim or any of her history.

Thanks & Regards

Dave

eastcoast

Re: Simmonds Ski Boat Parts - Wanted

Post by eastcoast »

There was a guy called mr pond, currently trying to sell an electric powered simmonds, who has castings for certain parts.
I have two simmonds, one I am restoring to original and a pinto powered one which goes much faster, is reliable and parts more attainable.
Alan Fawcus,the simmonds nut, can give more information.
Best of luck.

Runnindogs

Post by Runnindogs »

EastCoast

I'm now considering a Ford Pinto as you can actually get hold of them, are they a similar size to the Consul engine, particularly height wise?

What did you do for heat exchanger cooling, exhaust cooling, drive from the engine and mountings?

Regards

RD

eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

Pinto fits fine, used simmonds own heat exchangers and made a water-cooled manifold. Drive is car clutch with coupling made to prop shaft. All very easy to do.