Albatross Alpine Slipper Stern

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Albatross Alpine Slipper Stern

Post by VivaSportiva »

A former member of the CMBA has asked me to post for sale his 4 seater Albatross Alpine Slipper launch No 2010 built around 1962. Just prior to his death, Ray Wright had the hull for refurbishment and deemed it to be in good condition and at that time not requiring any attention. The boat has been unused and dry stored since then but remains unfinished. So far the engine has been completely rebuilt; it is a Sunbeam Alpine 1592cc currently sitting on a pallet waiting to be refitted. The trailer is new and so is the upholstery and this has been made to the original pattern. The boat is complete with all its fittings which are in good order and wait to be fitted. The hull needs painting and is in a sound condition although it carries a number of small dents commensurate with its age. The asking price is £3,000. I am told by the owner that a small amount of work would bring her back to her former glory -something he is now unable to do due to a continually busy lifestyle. He is anxious for the boat to be sold to a CMBA member rather than on the open market so it is being offered for sale on the Forum first. If you are interested, please send me a PM and I will pass on his details to you. I would state that I have not seen this craft for myself and merely relay the information given to me.

johnd733
CMBA Member: 743

Re: Albatross Alpine Slipper Stern

Post by johnd733 »

dear VivaSportiva, I may be interested in purchasing this boat.What part of the country is it in? If there are any pictures,could you E mail them to me at jdauthieu733@ nbtinternet.com,many thanks,John D.

craigvmax
CMBA Member: 0

Post by craigvmax »

i'd love pics also pls, teamvmax@hotmail.com

VivaSportiva

Post by VivaSportiva »

Just to let you know those people interested in the Albatross Slipper Stern Launch that I posted will have received a PM from me giving them a lot more detail together with the owners details.

VivaSportiva

Post by VivaSportiva »

The Owner of this Albatross slipper stern has now decided to reduce it to £2500.

Diomedea

Post by Diomedea »

Please pm further details, thanks

VivaSportiva

Post by VivaSportiva »

Diomedea wrote:Please pm further details, thanks
I have sent a PM as requested.

MikE H

Post by MikE H »

Hi
Is this boat still for sale ? if yes what part of the country is the boat located ?
Thank's for your time
Regards
Mike H

Tatra Man
CMBA Member: 825

Post by Tatra Man »

I believe so and it's near Beccles in Suffolk.
I hope my new Alpine floats better than my old one!

MikE H

Post by MikE H »

Hi
Thank's for the reply but a little to far to travel as I live 1/2 hour west of Loch Lomond, I will keep looking.
Regards
Mike H