FOR SALE: Broom Saturn, with Mercury Blueband 50hp engine

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Somethingfishy
CMBA Member: 1176

FOR SALE: Broom Saturn, with Mercury Blueband 50hp engine

Post by Somethingfishy »

Up for sale, with much regret is my classic Broom Saturn with 50hp Mercury Blue Band engine and good condition Snipe trailer.

It is a much regretted sale, but with a growing family and limited time to enjoy I feel it only right that she be passed on to someone else who can enjoy her more than we can at the moment.

Named “Classic Fever”, (though previously went by the name of Goldfinger) She is well known to the club with, Her 5 previous owners being club members - one being the current / previous Club chairman.

She is a standard 1970's Saturn Broom with a teak deck. The hull (including the transom) is in very good condition and polishes up nicely.

She has worn the years very well with only a few inevitable marks from wear and tear, but generally a very pretty boat which always attracts lots of positive comments and conversation starters from people who see her.

She had an extensive refurb approximately 7-8 years ago - which included the floor, teak deck, and interior. Unfortunately at some point a painted spare wheel tyre was placed on the 2 rear seats during one winters storage and has stained them - otherwise the upholstery is in good condition (I have sourced a solution costing less than £30 if this was a concern to the purchaser). The boat comes with a custom made, heavy duty all weather cover which remains in good condition, with a few areas of “rubbing”. It is generally used with another all weather, generic cover, which will be included in the sale.

The engine is an early 70's 50 Hp Mercury Blue band long shaft with a 1979 electronic ignition head - the classics looks with the more refined running advantage of electronic ignition. This is a particular advantage for smoother running at lower speeds, for example on rivers. The engine was a complete rebuild just over 4 years ago and has since averaged just 2 outings a year. It is in very clean and reliable condition and has a relatively new prop fitted. It comes with the original Mercury red metal 20L fuel tank, with a brand new fuel hose & a new (2019) appropriate battery for reliable running.

The trailer is a solid unbraked Snipe with rollers and a lockable towing hitch. The spare wheel and tyre is relatively new and the wheel bearings are in good condition having only
been used in fresh water and washed down after.

This is an ideal all round boat - with a semi v hull so ideal for both calm and moderately rough water. The horn works, but the Navigation lights need some attention if you require to use them.

This is a solid and reliable setup for someone. Asking £3,000

Please PM, email on andrewmarkgordon@msn.com, or phone on 07808475819 with any questions.

I am based in Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire so if required a demonstration on the river can be arranged!
Attachments
1A303008-A300-4FBB-92D5-2782D4479324.jpeg
0E0B38F0-E8B8-4C68-81C6-3C5FBD3B51E9.jpeg
FA072DE0-1086-456A-933D-E5A815FFA964.jpeg
2055FB8F-8352-404E-861A-FCE3E38B2CCE.jpeg

Somethingfishy
CMBA Member: 1176

Re: FOR SALE: Broom Saturn, with Mercury Blueband 50hp engine

Post by Somethingfishy »

No longer available, sorry - decided I couldn’t part with her!

kwoffa
CMBA Member: 1180

Post by kwoffa »

I think you have made the best descision , she;s a lovely boat !

MaryA H
CMBA Member: 0

Post by MaryA H »

If you have second thoughts, I would love to know!!