Choke solenoid for Fastwin 18 WANTED

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Choke solenoid for Fastwin 18 WANTED

Post by petrolhead »

Our Delta Nymph has now gone to a new home, unfortunately whilst demonstrating the lovely little 18HP rude in a bin we operated the choke solenoid a few times perfectly...................then the dash switch melted and all was not well. Testing proved the choke solenoid seems to have gone short circuit! :oops:

The new custodian is known to me so is happy enough using the manual choke but I would like to locate another solenoid.

Does anybody have a solenoid lurking for one of these? its a 1967 fast twin........same as johnson 18's too and probably a lot of other jonny/rude motors.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Choke solenoid for Fastwin 18 WANTED

Post by Alacrity »

May be on in the CMBA stock - I wouldn't have a clue though. Any idea Rapier?
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

No, they're the proverbial hens teeth. Worthwhile asking Mike at Southcoast Marine if he has a used one.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

kgarla
CMBA Member: 143

Post by kgarla »

Wonder if the old stock from Mike Cripps at Redline marine Abingdon included such............ Moonman appears to have had some of his stock that may contain such. see the cmba thread that refers. ( I found it by web search redline marine Abingdon) hope helps Kgarla

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

Thanks, I will keep looking............it is odd to have gone short circuit, my experience of solenoids is usually open circuit/not working at all. I will look at this one incase it is something simple broken down like the plastic insulator on the hot connector terminal.

It worked fine a few times on demo then.....shorted and took out the dash switch too! :oops: