Wanted - Chrysler Crown M7 gasket set.

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

burgundyben
CMBA Member: 0

Wanted - Chrysler Crown M7 gasket set.

Post by burgundyben »

Full marine gasket set wanted for a Chrysler Crown M7 flathead straight 6.

Thanks

chriscraft

Re: Wanted - Chrysler Crown M7 gasket set.

Post by chriscraft »

Hi Try Richard at Rodley motors Bradford, West Yorkshire he has some old stock but not likely to know on the phone but he will look through it or be able to ship in from states,
Address: Rodley Motors - Cutler Heights Lane – Dudley Hill – Bradford – BD4 9PD
Tel No: 01274 688968
Fax No: 01274 681613
Email: sales@rodleymotors.co.uk
cheers David
ps have you seen any Chrysler V8 parts around ??
that bloke up north !

solitaire
CMBA Member: 511

Post by solitaire »

burgundyben wrote:Full marine gasket set wanted for a Chrysler Crown M7 flathead straight 6.

Thanks
Hi - this may be useful - or you may already be aware - but I rebuilt quite few of these (back in the day) - mostly in Bates Starcraft and Thames launches. (Bates purchased a load of them surplus after WW2)

- If your going as far as a complete rebuild - it's well worth removing all of the plugs from the crankshaft and washing, and blowing out the internal oil galleries - (not forgetting to refit the plugs with a drop of Loctite retainer) -
These engines can be 60+ years old and come from the age when petrol contained bucket loads of TEL (lead) the crankshaft rotation centrifuges out the lead that gets into the oil and you may find the galleries full of a grey paste that will restrict oil flow through the crank and to the bearings...................

In those days we purchased parts (dirt cheap) directly from the US (but now age has got the better and I would never remember which company) but at least have the web.... and I do believe there is some discretion on the Duty for Vintage parts over 50 years old.......
Good Luck - they run lovely and smooth after a rebuild

burgundyben

Post by burgundyben »

Thank you gents, all useful info.

I have a rebuilt long block and all the marine hang ons in a big pile.....

An earlier version of the Crown or Ace was fitted to the boat, so I'm planning to re-instate one. It may not be what the boat was built with, more likely meadows Power, but since I can't source one of those I'm re-fitting a Chrysler.