Falmouth

Know of any good venues for running our boats? Please share them here and give as many details as possible - launch arrangements/costs/restrictions etc.
Please use the location Name and County as the title of the post - thank you.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Falmouth

Post by bigminiandy »

Has anybody been to falmouth and launched their boat. I've been there plenty of times but never been on the water.

Is there a licence for the estury/river?

Any suggested places to launch? was looking on the web and a place called Mylor looks Ok theres a public and marina slipway with somewhere to keep the car and trailer for the day
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Falmouth

Post by Alacrity »

Falmouth is a fantastic place to go boating - see the Falmouth Rally pictures in the gallery (http://www.cmba-uk.com/coppermine/cpg14 ... p?album=36). You can launch at Ponsharden where there is a big wide slip & also at the public slipway down by the maritime museum. At the Sept rally we launch at Ponsharden foc but this may be a special arrangement, not sure. Public slip by the museum definitely charges but is, I believe, very reasonable. We don't pay any licence fee's for the rally.

There is lots of space to go fast up the Carrick Roads with great pubs to stop at on the way at places like Mylor (best view from any Gents lavatory in the world!) Restronguet & the historically interesting (D Day) Smugglers Inn just above the King Harry ferry. Can't wait to be back there in Sept. with all the other reprobates, great place. I envy you Andy. :mrgreen:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!