Pembrokeshire - Milford/Haverfordwest

Know of any good venues for running our boats? Please share them here and give as many details as possible - launch arrangements/costs/restrictions etc.
Please use the location Name and County as the title of the post - thank you.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Pembrokeshire - Milford/Haverfordwest

Post by Simonp »

Does anyone know of any members in this area? Am considering taking the Simmonds for a holiday in this region which is well loved by me and no doubt others as well. The Cleddau has extensive navigable water and numerous facilities.

SimonP
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Re: Pembrokeshire - Milford/Haverfordwest

Post by welshhealey »

Hi Simonp
I live in South wales and I'm very familiar with the "Cleddau" waters.
I used to launch from a place called Lawrenny Quay (on Google maps as Lawrenny Yacht Station) which has excellent facilities and a chandlers, good slip, (useable at low tide)however, the waters are brackish :cry: (high rise and fall of tides with strong currents on the turn so be aware!) :o There is a hose pipe flush out facility at the top of the slip.. :perfect: also there is a hotel/pub that does excellent bar meals, :D the Hotel is called the Lawrenny Arms Hotel, plus across the road there is a caravan site with touring pitches with hook up. I've got the contact no.'s so if you P.M me I will send them to you.
The Cleddau is an awesome location with 15 miles of waterway and no speed limits! :wot: ,so, down river towards Pembroke Dock / Neyland there are numerous pubs and restaurants where you can moor up etc . :drink: .if you need more info please let me know.P.S Fuel also availiable at Lawrenny Quay but at silly prices as you can imagine but useful for emergencies ! ;)

Cheers
Welsh Healey

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Re: Pembrokeshire - Milford/Haverfordwest

Post by Simonp »

Thanks for the info. Have previously done some boating out of Dale years ago and normally stay near Little Haven. Have always found that area is full of interest and very scenic. First went down in the 50s!

Hope to make it to Cardiff again this year.

Cheers

Simon
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.