Can I change my username???

Having problems using the forum? Can't find the answer in the FAQ's? Then ask here!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

jeepster
CMBA Member: 0

Can I change my username???

Post by jeepster »

I tried to register under the username jeepster but the email address I entered twice failed to receive the activation emails, so I re-registered under the username jeepster1 and used another email address and the registration was sucessfull...However, my boat is called jeepster, not jeepster1 so how can i change my username to get rid of the numeral 1 on the end???

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Re: Can I change my username???

Post by BroomBroom »

You can change your username by going to the User Control Panel (at the top left there)

Click the 'Profile' tab and select 'Edit Account Settings'

Here you will be able to change your username.

Please Note!
There is a strong possibility this capability will be disabled at some stage due to abuse in the past - so now is a good time to make any alterations.
Robin
PS - Sometimes activation emails are binned by over-enthusiastic spam filters - it's the nature of the beast I'm afraid :cry:
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

jeepster

Post by jeepster »

I have tried that already but it just keeps saying: "The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative."! :(

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

jeepster1 wrote:I have tried that already but it just keeps saying: "The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative."! :(
Aahh sorry... just checked - that's because your first registration (where the activation email got dumped) is still sitting in the awaiting activation queue. I've now deleted that so you should be good to change it now in the User Control Panel.

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Robin
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

jeepster

Post by jeepster »

Thanks...Have sucessfully changed my username now. :thumbsup: