Invitation by the BCMBR and a chance to cruise the lake and admire the spectacular views at the home of the British Classic Motor Boat Rally.
Good News – The Rally is On!
Following Boris's recent decisions to open up the English Hospitality Industry etc., We have contacted the Windermere Motor Boat Racing Club seeking clarification regarding holding the Rally and they have advised us that they are pleased for the Rally to go ahead.
Obviously we are living in strange times and so the Rally will not be an organised as in previous years. The details will be as follows:
- The Rally will run over the usual period Friday 31st July to Monday lunchtime 3rd August.
- The Rally will be an informal Rally with entrants using the Club foreshore and jetties whilst cruising informally on the lake.
- Use of the Clubhouse will be restricted but we anticipate some use the outside area around the clubhouse with possible bar service to tables.
- There will be no organised afternoon teas around the Lake or formal evening meals in the clubhouse.
- Miles, the Club Manager, wishes to cater for Rally entrants on an individual basis. We have been informed that he is able to arrange sandwiches, picnic packages, BBQ and take away meals and will be offering pre-booked evening meals each evening but there may be some limitation on numbers due to seating capacity..
- We would appreciate indications of evening meal requirements and preferred eating times at the earliest opportunity, prior to the Rally in order to give some indications of demand to Miles for planning. We will obtain indications from Miles of the meals etc. and provide this information, to those who have indicated their attendance, Food will be paid for individually to Miles.
- We could see us organising the usual ' Brew on a Broom' with boats rafting up whilst maintaining social distancing. We may decide to hold this on the Saturday afternoon instead of the Sunday morning and if there is particular interest we could also hold one of the Sunday afternoon.
- We will charge a small attendance fee of £25 per person which can be paid during the Rally.
- There are a small number of places available for Motor homes (Not Caravans or Tents) at a cost of £10 per Motor home per night booked in advance and payable during the Rally.
- All the Club bedrooms were booked by the usual occupants last year. We will be communicating details, to those who have booked, regarding these, as soon as possible as the Club is still waiting for the government guidelines. It is possible that not all rooms will be available.
- We will not be applying for Temporary Boat Registration this year and therefore all boats attending will have to be fully registered for use on the Lake. Please note that registration and renewal of registration must be carried out on computer as the Lake Wardens are not registering boats.
- We will not be issuing a Rally Brochure this year. This email is formal notification of the Rally.
- If you intend booking accommodation we recommend you book it at the earliest opportunity.
Please contact Chris Barker for entry details for this event.
Non CMBA - An informal meeting arranged between members/non-members or an event by another organisation and not by the CMBA. Not run under CMBA guidelines.
- Windermere Motor Boat Racing Club
- Broad Leys Lodge, Newby Bridge Rd
- LA23 3LJ