Some Pathe stills..

Brochures, parts lists, articles, manuals and more - scanned and shared for your use and enjoyment.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Some Pathe stills..

Post by Rapier »

Dainty Miss from Graham Bunn, Windboats of Wroxham (grp hull, ply deck). Ockelbo with Penta outboard. Dell Quay Jolly Boat. Archangeli with A.A-J...wonder where that is now? Dustbin boat and sidecar boat.
Attachments
sidecar.jpg
binboat.jpg
archangeliisit.jpg
daintymiss.jpg
Jolly.jpg
okelboisit.jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Healey75

Re: Some Pathe stills..

Post by Healey75 »

When I had hair I had a go in a sidecar boat, the guy used it as a side car as well when he wanted to go boating he just drove up to the bank on the combo and tipped the boat in the water from the sidecar chassis, it had a little air cooled engine under the foredeck with a recoil rope start...very noisy, slow and a very tippy boat..great fun
Growing up is optional...

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Post by bigminiandy »

I reckon I'd be able to convince Charlotte to let be put a side car on the side of the Harley if I could find a sidecar boat :hilarious:
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

You could probably make one...

Interesting nerd fact, but I only realised the significance of the concrete mixer in the Windboats pic...apparently Bunn decided the future was in building concrete cruisers (they used to make broads boats). I believe his designer, Rip Martins, did not agree that this was the furture..

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

Plenty of ferro cement sailing boats cruising the worlds waters, but why is Michael Crawford climbing out of the mixer?
Attachments
Perhaps this would be a good start for a sidecar boat for the Harley:-
Perhaps this would be a good start for a sidecar boat for the Harley:-

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Post by bigminiandy »

A good start. Bet Charl would insist I got it Chromed :D
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

We had a side car on our Harley when Alex and James were small, I also got hold of a Dodgem to convert in to a sidecar, but never got round to it, the kids liked sitting in it in the living room to watch the T.V......its still here in the living room, hidding under the stairs...!! ... the bike is in one of the lockups......must go and find it..... :hmmm:
Attachments
dodgem 001.JPG

solitaire
CMBA Member: 511

Post by solitaire »

re. Dell Quay

I Forgot about the Jolly boat's (I did work on one with a v/p 110 sterndrive) - thought they were great, where did they all go? (or perhaps not many were sold)

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

solitaire wrote:re. Dell Quay

I Forgot about the Jolly boat's (I did work on one with a v/p 110 sterndrive) - thought they were great, where did they all go? (or perhaps not many were sold)
They were £3375 in 1966...think that would have bought an altogether tastier looking and performing boat. Strangely enough it says they were designed as private ferries (assume tender is more correct) for the Greek Islands and Bahamas, perhaps the draft and trailer-ability was a requirement.

The 3 models they tested were 2x110s, a Volvo 150/200? and the OMC 150hp transom drive (sic). All gave it a top speed of 30knots.

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

There were still a few bits of Jolly boat in the Dell Quay stores when I joined them. (I think in 1969) I bought 2 of the plastic seats for a ply runabout I shared at the time. Never saw one the water, Dell Quay were just into the Dory 17 production and they produced a hardtop similar in look to the Jolly boat, don't think many hard tops were sold though. Ranger 36 hull plugs/moulds were in build at that time as well.
Growing up is optional...