Mercury dealer decal poster

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Mercury dealer decal poster

Post by Rapier »

If you ever see this poster, in particular the 1967-71 decal shown, don't be tempted to replicate them. They never existed. Unfortunately a member had a set made for his Mercury 500 once and we were all left non-plussed - he insisted they were factory colours. The mystery was revealed after I took this pic...
Attachments
Picture 001.jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

gfgarland
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Mercury dealer decal poster

Post by gfgarland »

The thin red stripes were used, but only in 1970 and 1971. Blue after that, and heavy red in 1968 and 1969. 1967 was silver with a hint of a red stripe, and silver before that.

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

The poster didn't make a good pic; those stripes are orange for some reason and the result was not pretty. I liked the '67 decals I had on a 350, but having '69, '71, XS and '77 decals find it hard to have a preference - initially hated the '77 options, but they grow on you...Not sure whether you've seen the '77 accessory colours below - a bit of fun. One wonders whether there are piles of them sitting on dusty shelves on your side of the pond?
Attachments
Mercury 1977 Accessories - Decals (Large).jpg

gfgarland

Post by gfgarland »

Oh I am sure I could find them, ( I am lucky to have many sources for this kind of stuff) and if not I know someone who can reproduce them perfectly for not bad money. If you have a want list let me know and I will look for them here and get them off to you. Small and light enough for the post I suspect.

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

Tempting..I have a '77 shorty 500 as well as the '69 in this pic, that needs new decals. I was going to use nymarine for those and a MK28A.
Attachments
Picture 058 (Large).jpg

gfgarland

Post by gfgarland »

Yes...nymarine is one of the best.