A C fuel pump service kit

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

A C fuel pump service kit

Post by welshhealey »

Hi Guys, during these awful dark wet evenings, :( I'm in the process of cleaning my AC mechanical fuel pump for the Ford staight six engine in my Moonfleet.
I need a service kit, in particular the rubber diaphragms.. no part number can be seen on here :hmmm: so any ideas where i can get such a part(s) ? looked in the Zephyr owners club mag. but no joy ! :grrr: (just realised I should have put this in the "Engine Room " section ) :oops:

Mirak
CMBA Member: 672

Re: A C fuel pump service kit

Post by Mirak »

It's probably an easy kit to obtain from your local Motor Factors.

The kit should include the diaphram and two one way valves, and probably a gasket.

Cheers,
S
********************************************************************************
* Swinging the World by the tail since 1960 *
********************************************************************************

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: A C fuel pump service kit

Post by Alacrity »

There is a old shop in Cardiff that has rows & rows of old Ford spares. Dakota had no end of trouble when at the CMBA rally there in August & he managed to get things like points, condensor, dizzy cap & leads off the shelf - not easy when you are talking about a pre-crossflow motor of a certain age. Might be worth sending him a PM if you don't know to whom I refer Ian.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!