WORTHAM BLAKE ???

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

kwoffa
CMBA Member: 1180

WORTHAM BLAKE ???

Post by kwoffa »

Seem to be having issues with my gearbox,after some research i now find that it is made by Wortham blake and is proberly a fisherboy ? trouble is nutral and reverse are hard to find,,any tips/ info/ spares or ideas.thanks in advance..Mel.

solitaire
CMBA Member: 511

Re: WORTHAM BLAKE ???

Post by solitaire »

Chertsey Marine used to be the Wortham Blake boys - not sure if any one still there with the knowledge - lots were fitted to Seamaster's (you can get a manual if you join their club) but spend some time doing web searches and you will probably find one to down load.
They always crept in neutral and sound like a bag of nails in reverse think it was normal, brake band adjustment for reverse - that all I can remember - Very similar to a Water Motor J Type gearbox (Sheridan Marine)
lots of links on the web - here's one - https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index ... y-gearbox/

Good Luck

kwoffa

Post by kwoffa »

Hi Sol..
Yup i have seen those links...however i have now found an Engineer that knows all about them...a simple adjustment is all thats needed hopefully ! i have read loads about the noises in reverse etc aparently it all works on a tapered shaft...i just want tit to work so "Misty" can go in the water as intended..thanks for your help.

kwoffa

Post by kwoffa »

Hello chaps
I have spoken to the engineer and aparently it is best to adjust these geerboxes whilst in the water as the water will provide some resistance...which means Misty will be in the water within two weeks...i will let you know how it goes.. very excited :woo: :woo: :woo: