Moonfleet Aquila weight

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Moonfleet Aquila weight

Post by welshhealey »

Hi Guys.. Any idea what a Moonfleet Aquila weighs with a Zephyr 6 engine in it ? :hmmm: got to buy a new trailer before she goes anywhere ! :o do you think a 750KG trailer with 13 inch wheels do it ? :? and can anyone point me in the right diretion for good prices on Galv. trailers ? :perfect:

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Re: Moonfleet Aquila weight

Post by Scandal »

Hi Ian

My Aquila weighs about 600kg's, I believe, so I think you will be about right at 750kg with the Zephyr engine and gearbox rather than mine with the aluminium Sunbeam Alpine unit and no gearbox.

Alacrity and Rapier got a good deal o a couple of new trailers.

Al

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Scandal is correct, Rapier & I bought two trailers & got a bit of a deal from De Graaff trailers. See http://www.degraafftrailers.co.uk/

Hope this helps.

G
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Nice trailers; I also have a Snipe 750 and Admiral 750 too, both fit but you may want to go with a septic style one, like the one Se7en's Donoratico is on. Also, stick with bunks...and if you buy a local trailer see if it is compatible with Indespension hubs. They make swapping out bad bearings a doddle, as have hub with bearings in-situ and accessible grease nipples + have a countrywide network (bar East Sussex :D ) that makes finding them easy (hubs, not nipples).
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

So where does one find nipples . . . :shock: Not in East Sussex apparently!
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

moonman

Post by moonman »

hi ian according to a 1966 moonfleet aquila brochure i have here the weight with a zephyr engine is 1500 lbs

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Post by welshhealey »

Hi Guys
Many thanks to you all for the kind and helpfull advice, just a quick question... De Graffe did a good deal but is that because 2 trailers were bought at the same time ? I've seen an advert for a 750kg bunked and roller trailer for £799 brand new! :o with 12" wheels made buy Extreme marine ltd. any good ? :hmmm:

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Yes the deal was for two trailers bought together, I think they were around the £650.00 mark before the deal (?) but that was in 2007 so your price would seem in the ball park. Not familiar with the make though.