Moonfleet run aground !

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Moonfleet run aground !

Post by welshhealey »

Hi guys, well, it looks like my project has run aground with a grinding halt (pun intended :hilarious: ) on a serious note though, this poor little boat has sat under my carport for the last 3 years and not much if not hardly any work has been done due to be continuously let down by promising mechanics/marine engineers . plus I had devastating news yesterday from the family of my faithful engineer who has made so many copies of original parts for it has sadly passed on... gutted . So here is the next question,.. is there anybody on here or anybody knows someone who I can have/hire/employ etc.. to finish off this magnificent classic . I have all the bits, literally , vacuum tank for clutch, even the solenoid to activate the diaphragm! dashboard re wired and ready to be connected up and fitted the only exception is the windscreen, which I have a local firm to make one off the template I made from another mates Aquila . The project is more or less 90% finished to a reasonably high standard, but the worry I have is if it misses another season or no more progress is made, then I'm going to loose interest in her, which will be tragic, :( :cry: so please please :notworthy: anyone who got any positive suggestions either post it on here or P.M. me .. I'm willing to tow her ANYWHERE in the U.K. to be finished and prepared to pay the going rate (Without getting ripped off... naturally :hmmm: ) Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read this .. I only wish my job would allow me the hours to complete this time consuming project that has literally started from a wreck ... and I mean a wreck :heat: ..( Rapier if you read this you will know what I mean when I say a wreck :D ) If any one needs some pics to see how near to completion she is, then let me know .

Cheers all

Ian G

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Moonfleet run aground !

Post by Howstar »

Must wired mine up about three times now ,so if you can send me the details of what you got dynamo or alternator what control box ,what switches and fuse you got i try and do you i wire diagram on what goes where , for pint and pub lunch :woo:

I am still suffering from food poisoning so not sure if I can make any rallies this year or evan take mine out :grrr:

welshhealey

Post by welshhealey »

Hi Howstar,

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply :thumbsup: , it's not the wiring thats an issue really, as the dash board has all been wired up with a special loom that was put together from scratch, and the dash is more or less ready to be fitted into place. Its the other bits and bobs :hmmm:

Sorry to hear your unwell, :( hope you get better soon :perfect:

best wishes

Ian

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Ian, is beyond my capabilities, but I do hope you find someone to complete. I wonder if it wouldn't be worthwhile asking around the CYC people, or up at the sailing club for a local-ish marine engineer. In Hamble there are a lot of marine / yacht services co's, but they might charge London rates.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Howstar

Post by Howstar »

If i make it to Cardiff I should be able to talk it through with you , but if you want to send me a PM on what on the the boat it would give some idea how it needs to be done,

welshhealey

Post by welshhealey »

Rapier wrote:Ian, is beyond my capabilities, but I do hope you find someone to complete. I wonder if it wouldn't be worthwhile asking around the CYC people, or up at the sailing club for a local-ish marine engineer. In Hamble there are a lot of marine / yacht services co's, but they might charge London rates.
Rapier, you are too modest ! :notworthy: I think if you can re build an outboard motor you can do this :D but will take your advice on asking some of C.Y.C.guys in the compound as they know someone who works in a boat builders in Penarth Docks who used to work in the Moonfleet factory :o how quirky that would be if I can get hold of him and talk him in to doing mine as a weekend hobble :shock: :hilarious:

Howstar, I will try and make a detailed list of what needs doing, PM you with it and if by the time Cardiff comes (presuming your well enough to come,) if I'm no further than what I am now, we will sit down over a few :drink: and talk about it :thumbsup:

Howstar

Post by Howstar »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I cm across the picture 1959 mag sent to me by someone

i can send it you if you have email

welshhealey

Post by welshhealey »

Hi Howard