What have I forgotten?

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Re: What have I forgotten?

Post by puddleduck »

don't forget to add the annoying little recording "beep, beep, beep - this vehicle is reversing"

eastcoast
CMBA Member: 0

Post by eastcoast »

Interesting link Geoff, I've remade several delta and albi trailers, and I have never had a "support chain" on an unbraked trailer. My understanding was if it was not fitted from original don't mess.
We can thank our euro friends for the new rules no doubt.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

puddleduck wrote:don't forget to add the annoying little recording "beep, beep, beep - this vehicle is reversing"
Can I record you for the warning message? Beep beep 'Get out of the #@*#'%€# way' !!! :shock:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Well no one got it - where are the the two warning triangles?! :oops:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

catweazle

Post by catweazle »

Alacrity wrote:Well no one got it - where are the the two warning triangles?! :oops:
Warning T plate to keep it period. :giggle:

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Alacrity wrote:I read that the common 7 pin trailer socket is being phased out post 2012 as new (UK I assume) legislation comes in which says that all new trailers have to have a reversing light. Does anyone know anything about this?
Just an update on this, I sold a boat at the weekend & the new lighting board I bought for them had the normal 7 pin plug but the new owners car - a 2010 Discovery (with recently fitted towing electrics) had the new 13 pin socket so an adaptor would be needed (or a new plug on the trailer board wiring). The 13 pin socket combines the two sockets you would have with a caravan plus it has reversing light wiring. See here for details.

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

I sold a boat at the weekend

:o I thought you could only buy them :shock: Sellaphobic

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

You are the 3rd person to say that to me! :hmmm: :(

totalbeginner

Post by totalbeginner »

Not definitive by any means, but a useful reference if anybody's unsure (Or ask my wife she knows everything!) http://www.ntta.co.uk/
You can't polish a turd, but you can sprinkle glitter on it.