polyurethane glue

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

jonboy

polyurethane glue

Post by jonboy »

Just come across this product (been out in the sticks too long ?) a foaming, urethane glue called D4 in Holland anyway, in a 100ml plastic bottle by Bison. never seen it before in this form... similar I would think to the spray can expanding foam fillers that I have encountered here, but never seen it in liquid form.... Been intouch with Bison and they simply don't market their products in Portugal...Does anyone know if it's made by anyone else??? Evostik, Bostik maybe?? seemed to work well in quite aggressive situations ( emegency repairs mid Atlantic, last week, and I was sufficiently impressed to post this...
Any ideas ,,,?

jonboy

Re: polyurethane glue

Post by jonboy »

I have since found out it's also sold under the Balcotan lable in UK, but still can't find if it's available elsewhere...loads of suppliers in UK but I need to find out who Balcotan is, so I can trace their international or european agents/suppliers...????

grant

Re: polyurethane glue

Post by grant »

Its called p.u glue,comes in 5 min grab or 1/2 hour ,available from most local builers merchands, p u standing for polyurathane,i use it all the time,its sets with dampness so make one side of the wood damp with water,the other lighly smear with glue,do not over glue,grows out everywhere,clamp together,bobs your uncle,fans your aunt,every two's a :lol: pair