Broom Saturn seat replacement

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Havana
CMBA Member: 911

Broom Saturn seat replacement

Post by Havana »

Hi Folks,
If I could ask for knowledge and experience please. The back to back seats on my Saturn have frankly seen better days. I imagine the cost of having everything reupholstered would be prohibitive. I have found some replacement seats from Plastimo for £40 each, my problem is how to fit them to the deck. The floor seems to be made of plastic as opposed to GRP. Hopefully I am wrong and I can epoxy the fixings in place but if they are plastic how do I get around this. I think a plywood box that covers the existing raised section for the seats could be a solution. I dont want to carve the boat up as she works and I use her. Any tips on replacing the seats are most welcome.

David

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Broom Saturn seat replacement

Post by Rapier »

Hi David, you can get back to back seats here - these are the cheap grey ones, but he has other colours for not much more than the Wise or Plastimo fishing boat seat: -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Luxury-Back-t ... 27c3e60810
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Music Man
CMBA Member: 762

Post by Music Man »

I had mine re upholstered at a very reasonsable price and at least they fix as per intended by the manufacturer. I would suggest researching local upholsterers as there business is very much in decline and they may value the work.

If you are based in the midlands I may be able to help.

Sometimes the replacements don't look so good as the originals.

Cheers

Gary :drink:

Havana
CMBA Member: 911

Post by Havana »

Thanks thats really useful I shall start doing some research. I would rather keep the boat looking original if possible although I am not a purist.
David