Albatross hull numbers - stamped where?

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Tatra Man
CMBA Member: 825

Albatross hull numbers - stamped where?

Post by Tatra Man »

Apart from the Maker's Plate, Albatrosses had the hull numbers stamped on various components - but where?

So far, on my Alpines, I've found them on the bottom centre of the rear seat backrest/bulkhead and on the top of the flotation chamber closing plate.

Where else did Albatross stamp the hull number?
I hope my new Alpine floats better than my old one!

themaryons
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Albatross hull numbers - stamped where?

Post by themaryons »

Hi Tatra, you will probably find some hull numbers stamped onto the engine lid hinges so the hood cowlings didn't get mixed up during engine insatallation / assembly

I have also spotted some on the under side of the air scoop domed cowling ... on the lip that bolts or is riveted to the engine cover
Not visible until you remove it from the cover ...so the cowels didn't get mixed up

However on 2010 the cowling is stamped 2020 ..... probably a stamping error rather than a hood mix up ! as I would guess that boats from 2010 up to 2020 were not in the assembly room at the same time

You may find the boat number hand brush painted under the seat bases so they also didn't get mixed up during painting

Happy hunting
Darren
"The older i get the faster i was "
`The River Rats Speedboat Club`