Saturn bottom bolt

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Robal51

Re: Saturn bottom bolt

Post by Robal51 »

I forgot to put the link in my post :roll:

http://www.polished-stainless.com/

Bob.

terrapin65
CMBA Member: 0

Post by terrapin65 »

hi just on the issue of contacting brooms i tried that the other day about a fibreglass canopy for my saturn and they said we cant help u will have to contact jack broom and no we dont have a number tried to get on to website and it said has been blocked. Have only recently owned this boat so learning as i go along owned plenty of cars but always loved boats so got to have a hobby. From what i can see jack broom is the father is the other broom the son and they have fallen out coul be wrong anybody know what the situation is confusing really bye for now

Sicobra
CMBA Member: 891

Post by Sicobra »

Basic history is, Brooms of Brundall who still exist and make the big expensive sports boats and Jack Broom who made the speedboats at Brundall were related but different businesses, Jack Broom's son John still has an interest in the speedboats but it is not really a full time business, I don't have his number to hand but a search on the forum will bring it up or I know Mad Millie or Broombroom will have it. He would probably do you a sliding top but it will be very expensive and you will need the fittings too, better off looking on EBay for a complete boat with a top, buying it and removing what you want and then selling on the boat minus the top, much more cost effective and you may even end up breaking even and getting a "free" top.

Cheers, Si

terrapin65
CMBA Member: 0

Post by terrapin65 »

hi thanks for reply about jack broom bye for now

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

Hi Terrapin65,
The last number I have for Brooms is 01508 538929. They seemed very keen to get back into promoting, supplying spares, restoring and even building new boats a couple of years back but it has all gone a bit quiet now and my contact has left...

EDIT - That number should work - it is the same as J.Broom Ltd. Plant Hire - which is now their main business.

Good luck!
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/