Crescent 55 Outboard Electrical Connection Question...

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

GBL
CMBA Member: 0

Crescent 55 Outboard Electrical Connection Question...

Post by GBL »

...yes its a very old outboard. But it would be nice to see the boat powered under its original steam...

So my question relates to the wiring harness connections. Manuals dont seem to be available, and information is very sketchy.

I have attached photos, if you have a Crescent with electric start and recognise any of this then please give me a shout.

Regards,

GBL
Crescent 55 #1.JPG
Crescent 55 #2.JPG
Crescent 55 #3.JPG
Crescent 55 #4.JPG
Crescent 55 #5.JPG

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Re: Crescent 55 Outboard Electrical Connection Question...

Post by se7en »

Gosh that is old, the photo you show of the terminal block shows its 1970 model, I can't see colour on the terminal block very well, but I can tell you what the colours in the loom to the key switch do, you will just have to work out where the colours go, its not hard,Yellow-choke, white starter, 3 blacks-stop, red-live,some of the earley looms had brown for live,you may have some spare wires in the loom, these are not required to run the engine, list the colours you have in the loom.

GBL

Post by GBL »

Thanks for the reply.

Its the colour to terminal block that I cannot get. (really just the starter and choke) is there a way of working this out without risking damage...? I dont want to poke around with closed contacts on a connection block, for obvious reasons. :hmmm:

GBL

Post by GBL »

Success! I have the schematic from Juan in Spain...

Its too large to post on this forum. However if you collect wiring schematics of obsolete engines!... then let me know and I will email it.

Regards,

GBL