delta v6 skeg position

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

piebald1962
CMBA Member: 499

delta v6 skeg position

Post by piebald1962 »

Hi i am restoring a Delta v6 at the moment and need to know the positioning of the skegs. When i got my boat it had 3 skegs . 2 immediately behind the bulkhead and 1 just in front of it mounted in the recess under the front seat. I am replacing the skegs as they were very thin and you could bend by hand. I need to know if i need all 3, 2, or just 1. Also the distance from the transom to the leading edge of the skeg where it mounts onto the hull. Any help with this matter would be much apreciated or even if i could view one locally to norfolk. I live in Beccles just 17 miles from Norwich. Looking forward to hearing from somebody who can help me on this matter . Many thanks Stephen

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Re: delta v6 skeg position

Post by bigminiandy »

I knew you'd pop up eventually, I've lost you email and couldn't remember you user name.

Mine as you know as two cast skegs. I did measure the the distances for you but have since lost them. From memory the rear of the skegs was roughly 5ft from the rear. I'm not gonna be going to where I store them for about a week but when I do I'll have another look for you unless somebody else can answer your question.
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/

neilgreenfield
CMBA Member: 0

Post by neilgreenfield »

hi
i have just collected a Delta with a v6.. it only has 1 mid skeg, and sponsons.

the mid skeg is 160 cm form the transom

hope this helps...

i am after some help with mine, if either of you could?

ie. which carb i should be using? v6 essex

rnb

Post by rnb »

neilgreenfield

Post by neilgreenfield »

thank you.. spoke to Burton power.. lovely chap.. got a dizzy and carb :-)