Albatross parts

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

eastcoast
CMBA Member: 0

Albatross parts

Post by eastcoast »

Hi everyone, just bought an albi mk1 (aquaplane head and single su) and looking for a p bracket and windscreen mounts if anyone has spares. Have tried to get onto albatross register for information but seems looked down by password and won't accept new registrations.

Regards eastcoast.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Albatross parts

Post by Rapier »

PM twister - he may be able to help.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

Thanks Rapier, will call Rod in the morning. Still not sure what's happened to albatross register, its password locked for some reason. Would also appreciate any photos of engine bay, anyone?

Regards eastcoast

Good buy

Post by Good buy »

The Albatross register is only there for info it is not a forum or a shop they do very good work providing genuine info on the boats, please expect no more from them. Now P bracket Rod will be able to supply you a none genuine 15 degree not 18 big boss bronze one for about £100 that will be fine if you pack it out at the base. I have looked to have some copy's of an original made in bronze but at the moment the cost shared between five is coming out nearer £200 each which is disappointing. As for windscreen I have a nos set of glass on the shelf but you would have to fabricate new brackets your self as i would suggest you would get a bill for £300-£400 for a proper copy to be made .Hear is a link to a boat for sale that has some photos to help you.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... noOfPic=11

eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

Hi A series, I have used The albatross register many times, I know what it's about just don't know why it's locked out.
I am only looking for pics and info, thats all.
I can get a p bracket just require screen brackets which no doubt someone will have tucked away. Not in a rush as three boats to keep me busy before albi work starts. To be honest they are not my thing but must be saved from numptys getting hold of them and ruination you will agree.
Regards eastcoast

Tatra Man
CMBA Member: 825

Post by Tatra Man »

The Albatross Register did have a forum for a while but it got closed down by the forum hosts for lack of traffic. I was one of only three people registered on it!!

I totally support the idea of such a register but I find it wrong that whoever runs The Albatross Register collects information from those who register their boats but doesn't make that information available in return. - I registered Albatross Alpine No.2003 but have no access to any information which I couldn't already view. The open information provided on other models is useful but there's almost zilch about Alpines.

There is an embryonic register on "the forum on the other side of the lake" as well but if cooperation between this site, that site and the Albatross Register isn't possible (and I have no interest whatsoever in opening old wounds) we could well end up with a fourth site. Surely that's the last thing we need?
I hope my new Alpine floats better than my old one!

eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

Hi, I never used the forum sadly, but always had access to the, models, what to look for when buying etc, basically the open section tatra man speaks of, none of these are now accessible, only the boats for sale. if anyone can access the site please let me know how.
regards eastcoast.

eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

Hi has anyone managed to look at information sections on albatross register yet, it still says password lock.
need to know what colours the 100e engine was painted-I know ford painted them green but did Archie P paint them to match the hull-mine is powder blue inside engine compartment to match the deck.
still looking for screen brackets to buy or use as patterns.

eastcoast