To Soak or not to Soak

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

chris_craft
CMBA Member: 721

Re: To Soak or not to Soak

Post by chris_craft »

Just checking in to see how things are porogressing. Are you in the water yet? Been reading your 'log' and hope the 'personal damage' is better now! Still working on my hull so will be jealous if you are having fun in the water. Dave.

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

The boat has been tried on the water. I took it to Windermere at the beginning of June and had 3 days of burning sunshine and flat calm water. It is a lovely lake at any time but when the weather's so nice it is fantastic. :D :D

The boat went very well and caused quite a wake here and there. I'm looking forward to taking her to the Cardiff rally in August. :wot:

What about your Chris Craft, how's that coming along, will you be at Cardiff. :?:
Al

chris_craft

Post by chris_craft »

Al. Stil working on the hull as we speak. Hoping to make it to Cardiff but right now each time I do something you find another 'issue'. Don't you just love wooden boats!!!! it is frustrating cos the water is beckoning on a warm afternoon and I am on my back underneath it instead. Still it will all be forgotten the first time that V8 burbles in the water!! Happy Days!! Dave

Sea-Jay
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Sea-Jay »

se7en wrote:If it still has any big leeks by tommorrow evening then you could cork them with some putty, that will hold the water out until the boards swell, but wait till sunday evening,
Clive
Is it a Welsh boat then?

chris_craft

Post by chris_craft »

Hi Al. Woul love to take you up on your offer to take a look at your century. Can you give me a call on 07714 158972 when you can. May be over your way this weekend. Dave