Albatross A seris dash layout

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Jaguar

Albatross A seris dash layout

Post by Jaguar »

Hi, can anyone advise on the correct layout of an A series dash....I have 3 guage holes, Speedo in the centre and i guess oil and temp either side but which one goes where? and 4 switch holes ....ignition, lights and what else and in which hole??

Sea-Jay
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Albatross A seris dash layout

Post by Sea-Jay »

Jaguar wrote:Hi, can anyone advise on the correct layout of an A series dash....I have 3 guage holes, Speedo in the centre and i guess oil and temp either side but which one goes where? and 4 switch holes ....ignition, lights and what else and in which hole??
Rev counter in the middle flanked by Oil Pressure and Fuel (I think fuel is on the right)

then, from left to right - lights, ignition switch, ignition warning, starter button.

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Re: Albatross A series dash layout

Post by twister »

I think you'll find it varied according to what options were fitted in the factory.

Here's a pic of my Mk II Continental, which has the same dash as the Mk V Sports - L-R: Speedo, Oil, Tach, Fuel; Below: nav & dash light switches, ignition, my later jackplug, dynamo warning lamp.
Attachments
I~000007.jpg

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

Thanks for the picture..... my hull does not have the hole where your speedo is, so, my speedo will go where your tacho is, and I may replace the fuel with a temp guage.

Sea-Jay
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Sea-Jay »

Jaguar wrote:Thanks for the picture..... my hull does not have the hole where your speedo is, so, my speedo will go where your tacho is, and I may replace the fuel with a temp guage.
Mine didn't have the hole on the left for a speedo either, the 1965 manual which I have (I can let you have a copy) says that ONLY oil pressure, rev counter and fuel were supplied as standard. WTF do you want a speedo anyway?, use a GPS - MUCH more accurate and less trouble!

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

I'd rather take a glance at a speedo than mess about with a GPS! regarding the manual, a copy would be great thanks