Delta engine hatch hinges

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Tatra Man
CMBA Member: 825

Re: Delta engine hatch hinges

Post by Tatra Man »

My parade is totally rain-free. :chuffed:

I don't remember ever commenting on how good or bad the Alpine engine was in a boat - just that after 200,000 miles, I know how good, simple, reliable and easy to work on it is in a car. :thumbsup:

The Alpine bell-housing is alloy by-the-way and probably weighs as much as the average passenger's handbag! :giggle:

Coventry Climax made good little engines - Rootes used one (from a fire pump) in the Imp.

I have enough trouble picking up 50Kg of Pyrenean Mountain Dog! (Rushes off to bulk-buy Shredded Wheat.)

Power to weight? We need air-cooled engines then! Hmmm - That 2·5 litre air-cooled V8 in the back of my Tatra is so light it has no engine mounts - just 4 bolts holding it on to the bell housing. I could bore for Britain (or Czechoslovakia) on that one . . . . . . . . . or maybe we should get back on-topic? :hmmm:
I hope my new Alpine floats better than my old one!

Tatra Man
CMBA Member: 825

Post by Tatra Man »

Just another thought. . . . . What year is your Delta? The Imp wasn't introduced until '63 and elsewhere I've seen it written that the hinges might be Anglia 105E boot hinges.
I hope my new Alpine floats better than my old one!

rnb
CMBA Member: 0

Post by rnb »

The Anglia hinges look too short to me , Is deltasteves a glass model . These are from an MG thinking i may have seen deltas with these also :-
Attachments
MG Hinge.jpg