Does anyone know what this boat is

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Does anyone know what this boat is

Post by Howstar »

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Does anyone know what this boat is

Post by Rapier »

It's not a Broom.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

I think you will find that its Grant's film from his child hood, with his dads boat.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Grant is sunning himself in Ibiza at the moment so wont be popping up but I think se7en is right.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

grant

Post by grant »

Your correct SEVEN. that was my dad's boat from my childhood,and your also correct ALACRITY. I have been sunning myself in Ibiza AND I STILL AM HAHAHA :perfect: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat: :chuffed: :hilarious: :wot: :perfect: :perfect:
IVE GOT BROADBAND ALSO and am in touch again with you all again Hooray hooray :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
Glad you all had a good bash at Cardiff.Sad to have not been there :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :( :(
ed)
Goin back to my dad's boat,no one can reconize it but the film quality is so poor im not supprised!! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
Thank you for raising the post again HOWSTAR,
One clue that I remember even though I was only 5yrs old (but i do remember alot of detail about it) was it had black neopreen(pimled) around the edge of the deck from the stern to the bow,I should imagine this was a cheap way out of finishing the cedar inlay in the deck to save running a cedar strip around,I think in those days the cedar inlay ply was off the shelf and would have had the inlay continuous in the lengh,anyway not sure if I have made myself clear,but just need to know what IT IS (the make)!! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
With best regards to you all from ibiza
Grant :perfect: :perfect: :woo: :woo:

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

i saw that name of boat was hi fi, i just thinking if the boat was insured and new where it was insured and what strech of water and year you could look up the
loylds boat register,

i found web site for this not long ago i see if i can find it,

grant

Post by grant »

That is a good thought Howstar,thank you for that,but I dont have that information or any access to that info that is required for the register,and I know I cannot get access to that info required,so please dont trouble yourself diggging out the website,I just need someone hopefully one day to reconize it,but I dont somehow think that will happen,
I know there were so many ply runabouts in the sixties,and this was just another 1 of many,
Any how,what made you come across the vid I posted on U-Tube???
My best regards
grant :perfect:

BULLET
CMBA Member: 275

Post by BULLET »

Was she a Venturer?

grant

Post by grant »

Im Not personally sure what a Venturer looks like,so I would'nt know,do you have any pics of a Venturer Bullet? do you think it looks like one? :perfect:
Regards
Grant :thumbsup:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Grant, don't think is ...here is the Venturer link:-

http://www.clarkcraft.com/cgi-local/sho ... 6b44c7b753

Bullet is the Tremlett owner below by the way...
Attachments
100_3841 (Medium).JPG
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...