Windscreen - Avenger 16

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

solitaire
CMBA Member: 511

Re: Windscreen - Avenger 16

Post by solitaire »

I am taking my original 6mm tinted Perspex screen to Fibresports (Basildon) - today, - to be used as a tmplate for a replacement.
It should be with them for a couple of weeks as I am can't collect until the 24th.
If any other members are intersted in having screens made while mine is with them - please call Steve Foster on 01268 282723/527331
I searched the net and made dozens of enquiries for a replacement, only three out of about ten companies even bothered to reply ,
and of the three, Fibersports were keen to do the job and have an oven big enough for the Avenger Screen.

Next job - rechroming the screen-surround - any recomendations of companies that do a good job and not working for the Sherrif of Nottingham!!
(preferably - south/midlands area)

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Windscreen - Avenger 16

Post by Alacrity »

I use a Brighton firm for small bits but they couldn't handle the larger parts of windscreen surround so on the recommendation of se7en on this board, I used Hockley Enterprises 01702 614067 at Southend-on-Sea. They will also re-chrome Mazak 'monkey metal' as well if needed. They made a nice job of it all.

London & Brighton Plating, whilst good & (I think) reasonable can only do smaller stuff & won't touch Mazak.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!