Newbie hello and sharing photos from York

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Si Crowe
CMBA Member: 0

Newbie hello and sharing photos from York

Post by Si Crowe »

Hello to all. I was pointed in your direction by one of your esteemed members who I met on your York outing last weekend.

While I'm not a classic boat owner (I do have a 20 year old Avon rib if that counts in any way :D ) I am a lover of the vintage boats. I was chuffed to bits to meet a few of your members and take some photo's which id love to share.

I've been around boats since I was 6 months (1977) old in a carry cot on the back seat of an old Fletcher 14 (my father to this day is a boater on the south coast and owns a 40 year old Halmatic DS110) so in that time I have seen the boating world evolve (not for the best at times) but I still look at the vintage boats of yesteryear with great fondness.

The lads I met were very friendly and welcoming (including one of the group who broke down and towed back to Bishopthorpe) and allowed me to tag along down stream while I took a load of photos. I hope you don't mind if I share them as there are some awesome action shots which at the time made the hair on the back of my neck stand up...

Like I said, I hope you don't mind me posting these but it was a real pleasure to see these fantastic boats on the water clearly loved and cherished by their owners. :wot:

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Newbie hello and sharing photos from York

Post by Alacrity »

Thanks again Si, great pictures! :thumbsup:

Isn't it amazing how fast 6 knots can look? :hmmm:

Si has kindly sent me a whole lot of pictures taken that day which I will willing pass on to any participants if you contact me.

Geoff
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Si Crowe
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Newbie hello and sharing photos from York

Post by Si Crowe »

Like i said, was all my pleasure.

It's all down to camera angles. I stress at no point was there an infringement or flaunting of speed limits officer. :wot: :wot: :wot: honest!! :thumbsup: